Support

Expand all | Collapse all

JAMA Tractability Matrix

• 1.  JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 28 days ago
    Hello,

I have a question, is there any way to export a tractability matrix with columns/levels manipulated in Jama.

for example, if in my project I have ItemX and ItemY in the same level. and when I export a tractability matrix these two will be at the same column.

is there any way to split these two items in the tractability matrix only. for example, moving ItemY one cloumn/level further so I will end up having ItemX and ItemY in two separate columns.

Kind Regards

------------------------------
    Ahmed Ali

• 2.  RE: JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Ahmed:

Sounds like you are using the Trace Matrix to look at relationships across the whole project? If so, I would recommend making an Advanced Filter to capture all of your Project Items (or any other scope) and then sending the filter results into the Trace View.

The Trace view allows you to filter/search, set columns and see trace coverage many levels up and down. You will also have much more control over the fields you see in the view.

Ahmed, let me know if you have further questions.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Chloe,

Thank you for your reply.

yes, but in the Trace view I can only set the items to appear like (Name, Description, etc). what I want to do is transferring the whole item one level downstream.
    for example, in the project I have System Requirements upstream to System Verification and Software Requirements. the last two are in the same level.
    I want to keep the same structure however, in my Trace matrix I want to move System Verification one more level in the downstream. The final Trace matrix would have three levels (System Requirements, Software Requirements and System verification) each in a separate level.

is there any way to do this?

let me know if you need more explanation.

Ahmed Ali
    Nanosonics

• 4.  RE: JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 27 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hi Chloe,

I have attached a sample of an exported Trace Matrix of my project.

what I want achieve is:

in 2 Levels Downstream column, you can see there are different item types. I want System Verification Protocol to be displayed with the items in 3 Levels Downstream column.
    also, I don't want to change my project relationships structure.

is there a way to do it ?

Kind Regards

Ahmed Ali
    Nanosonics

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    sample.xlsx   9K 1 version

• 5.  RE: JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 27 days ago
    hi Ahmed:

Just for clarification are you in the Trace Matrix or are you in the Coverage Explorer?

Thanks,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 27 days ago
    hi Chloe,

sorry for the confusion, I'm in Coverage Explorer.

Regards,

Ahmed Ali
    Nanosonics

• 7.  RE: JAMA Tractability Matrix

Posted 21 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 21 days ago
    Ahmed:

Sorry for the delay. I could not see a way to do this without changing the project relationship structure. The UI wants to reflect what is actually related downstream/upstream. And so, this would be a manual job after you export the Excel report.

Alternatively, this might be something you could orchestrate with a custom Velocity or BIRT report. These advanced reporting options allow you more controls in how you present information in your reports using programing languages and access to API to pull data from your Jama instance and place it where you want. It requires a bit of a learning curve but, we do have either tutoring and/or custom report services which are available through your Account Manager, if interested.

If you would like to try to make these reports on your own, here are a couple of Community links to some information to get you started: Velocity Advanced Reporting and BIRT Advanced Reporting.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR