Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Solution searched for multiple GET /items/{id}/versions (REST API)

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Solution searched for multiple GET /items/{id}/versions (REST API)

Posted 15 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hi,
    in a program, I got a list of items (more than 400 by now. But rising to soon more than 3000) by using the REST API call
    GET /items/{id}/children​
    multiple times.

In the received information about these items there is no field indicating the items current version, as far as I know. To still get the version of an item, I use another API call:
    GET /items/{id}/versions​
    The problem here is, that I can only ask for the current version of one item by a time, i.e. I need to send currently 400 requests to the server and even more in the future. This takes a lot of time.

Is there a possibility to get the current version of multiple items by one request? I only need the integer indicating the version, no refrences or something else.

------------------------------
    Chris M.

• 2.  RE: Solution searched for multiple GET /items/{id}/versions (REST API)
    Best Answer

Posted 5 days ago
    Chris:

Thank you for asking this, I just wanted to double check with the stakeholders on what the possibilities here are. Currently this is the way this needs to be done.

But look for design improvements in future versions because we are adding methodologies which will solve these concerns by giving better payload tailoring with special focus on minimizing the number of calls a user must make to step through processes like Current version collection and Child identification.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Solution searched for multiple GET /items/{id}/versions (REST API)

Posted 5 days ago
    Hi Chloe,

thanks for the answer.
    Ok, then I need to continue like this. I am looking forward to the new API version.

Best regards

Chris M.

• 4.  RE: Solution searched for multiple GET /items/{id}/versions (REST API)

Posted 5 days ago
    Chris:

Yes, we are all excited! In the meantime, I wanted to make sure you knew about our API cookbook! It has a lot of great use cases in it and we are looking to add more. Let us know what you think!

You can access this and other REST API resources here in the Community! Just look under the Education heading > REST API.

Cheers!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR