Support

Expand all | Collapse all

"deactivated" item?

• 1.  "deactivated" item?

Posted 21 days ago
    A colleague was trying to deprecate an obsolete Test Case. Not sure what he actually did. (Deleted it, perhaps?)

Now, when I click on the link for that Test Case from the Test Run it generated, I get the warning message:
    "Sorry, the specified project item was made inactive by [colleague's name]."

What exactly does this mean, and is it recoverable in some way? 

------------------------------
    Kevin
    Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)

• 2.  RE: "deactivated" item?

Posted 21 days ago

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like the Test Case was deleted. You can confirm this by searching for the item ID in your Activity Stream. From there, if you find it was deleted, you should be able to restore it. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: "deactivated" item?

Posted 21 days ago
    Ok. Unfortunately our "Stream" is currently broken. I'm told we are awaiting a Jama upgrade to hopefully fix it. So I can't test your suggested solution at the moment. But I will make note of it.
    By chance, is there any other method of finding a deleted item?
    Thank you!

Kevin

• 4.  RE: "deactivated" item?

Posted 21 days ago

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the update. Can you confirm if it was in a ticket that you were informed of the Activity Stream being broken?  Are you able to access the widget on your dashboard at all? (picture below) 

I am trying to find any connection to the broken stream you were informed of in order to find a work around for you as this would be best way to recover the deleted Test Case.

Can you let me know whether you're able to access your Activity Stream in any other browser?

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 5.  RE: "deactivated" item?

Posted 17 days ago

The Streams link from the Jama toolbar takes us to a HTTP Status 400 error page:

This is apparently due to a CORS policy error. I believe our DevOps team is working with Jama support to address this. 

Kevin

• 6.  RE: "deactivated" item?

Posted 17 days ago

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the update. The screenshot that you shared looks like it is from the stream link but not the Activity Widget. I am sharing another shot of the Activity Widget, located on your Project's Dashboard. Can you let me know if you're able to view this area and search for your deleted item? Please note, you will want to select the "All activities" tab. This article from our User Guide also shows great info on where to find this widget: Restore a deleted item

Next, based on the image you shared, it looks like you may be seeing a defect - SOS-DEF-4548 - which shows HTTP Status 400 Bad Request when viewing the stream, or comments in Chrome 79 or MS Edge Chromium.

There is a patch for this defect, which we can provide via a ticket, and it has been fixed in the latest on-premise release. You may also use a different browser, like Safari, to work around this issue. I don't see a current ticket open for your organization regarding this error,  but let me know if you'd like one opened to dig into this matter further (and to provide the fix.)

Thank you! 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 7.  RE: "deactivated" item?

Posted 17 days ago
    Thank you so much for clarifying! I had never used the Activity Stream you were referring to -- it worked perfectly! I was able to find and restore the deleted item. Thank you!

As for the STREAM link error, I think once our team learned that the issue has been fixed in the latest on-prem release, they elected not to submit a ticket, as we are planning to upgrade to the latest soon.
    Thanks again! You may close this ticket.

"Baymax, I am satisfied with my care."

Kevin