Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Password reset email

• 1.  Password reset email

Posted 09-27-2017 14:46
    ​Hello,  I just had a user let me know that they attempted to request a password reset on the login page, and never received the email instructions on how to make the reset.  I tested this myself and had the same thing occur.  We are using Chrome for Jama, and I also tested in Explorer.
    Steps followed:
    On the login page I clicked on the "Forgot your password?" button and got to the following screen.

I entered an email address (confirming on the admin screen that it was a valid email for the user), and clicked submit.
    After 20 minutes or so, an email with instructions has not arrived.  The original user waited much longer.  Is there a period of time when we should expect to the see the email arrive (and didn't wait long enough) or is this potentially a defect, or potentially even something we need to set up on our side?

I was able to update her password for her via the admin/user screen on Jama, but wanted to make sure and report this as it caused some confusion for the user, and if the instructions allow for an automated reset, that would be great!

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Heather Smith

• 2.  RE: Password reset email

Posted 09-29-2017 10:45
    Hi Heather,

Usually the "Forgot Password" email should arrive within 5 minutes.  Currently, we are investigating a possible defect for this issue and I will confirm with you if it is or not.  There is nothing you need to setup on your end.

Rosemary Joe
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Password reset email

Posted 09-29-2017 19:13
    Hi Heather,

It looks like the behavior you are reporting is a bug related to Forgot Password not sending email link for certain customers. This bug has been logged in our internal system with this post and your organization associated to it. For your reference, the bug ID is SOS-DEF-2139. You can check future release notes for this ID to see if this bug has been fixed.

At this time, the workaround for this bug is to have an org. admin reset the password.

If you have any questions about our bug fixing process, I recommend reading this article here.

Rosemary Joe
    Jama Software