Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

• 1.  Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-20-2017 08:40
    Hi - 

I'm syncing the JIRA Assignee field using the JIH. However, instead of getting the name of the assignee in Jama, I'm getting their ID. How do I change it to get the name and not the ID?

Thank you
    Mike

------------------------------
    Mike LastName
    Fidelity Investments - EZPaaS

• 2.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-20-2017 13:57
    What I know of the JIH is that person mapping is tricky. A couple questions:
    • What version of JIH are you using?
    • What values are you mapping? person-id (which is the ID in the database), full name, email? 

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-22-2017 07:25
    I am currently working through this same issue. Make sure you have the latest version of JIH (8.5) as previous versions didn't behave very well. I have been able to get the Assignee to sync with Gustavo's help (he provided some links to help set up the person mapping stuff). In the mappings I set up the Assigned (JAMA) to sync with Assignee (JIRA). One problem I haven't resolved yet is when the assignee is "Unassigned" I get an error in JIH. 

Randy - Delta Controls

• 4.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-23-2017 08:34
    Hi Randy, 

Did you go to the JIH to find the version you are using? When I did, mine says I'm using version 4.6.6.v20160705.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike
    Fidelity Investments

• 5.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-23-2017 08:39
    Hi Kristina, 

• The JIH version I'm using is 4.6.6.v20160705. Do I need to upgrade, or can I get the data I want with this version?
    • I want to map the Assignee's name instead of ID. JIRA has their names but when I sync it, I get their ID. (Hope I answered your question)

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike
    Fidelity Investments

• 6.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-23-2017 10:22
    Mike, there have not been any fixes related to person mapping since JIH 4.5.7, so using 4.6.6 should be fine. (I'd be curious to hear from Randy what was resolved for him when upgrading to 4.8.5, though). 

Did you complete person mappings according to Tasktop's help guide? The instructions for the attribute-based mappings should help you map the user name or email (the default is ID as it is stored in the database). I'm not sure how deep you've delved into the JIH setup, but we have a walk-through of setting up person-mapping here.

If none of this is helpful, the best thing would be to open a ticket with Support so we can connect you with Tasktop if there are errors to dig through.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-25-2017 06:50
    Hi Kristina, 

Thanks for the documentation. With it, I was able to make some progress. However, my items seem to be falling back on that "default-person-id" value in my xml. In my case, that default value is my JIH user account in Jama. I'm using the "person-display-name" value for my "mapping-field-id". The "person-display-name" is in both Jama and JIRA's person schema which is why I went with it. From my explanation, do you know if I missed something editing my xml. 

Thank you,
    Mike

Mike
    Fidelity Investments

• 8.  RE: Synching JIRA Assignee Name Instead of ID

Posted 01-25-2017 12:09
    Mike, I'm at a point where I need to escalate the issue. You should see a Support ticket in your inbox. Sorry I can't help further!

Kristina King
    Jama Software