Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama export to word replaces section breaks with page breaks

• 1.  Jama export to word replaces section breaks with page breaks

Posted 06-29-2021 11:32
    I've been running into problems when exporting my custom word template as I want a header to start on a specific page, but when I export to Word JAMA automatically switches all my section breaks to page breaks. This is something I can go back in afterwards and manually edit, but would like to know if there is anyway around this JAMA problem. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Carter Morrill

• 2.  RE: Jama export to word replaces section breaks with page breaks

Posted 06-29-2021 16:42
    Thank you for reaching out!

Office Templates are customizable to the extent of orientation, headers, footers, graphics, and the mail merge fields. The page and section breaks are not likely to work the way you've intended. Here is more information on customizing Word templates: Custom Word Template Easy Start Guide

Your intended functionality could be possible for BIRT or Velocity reports. Here's a link to some videos with more information about custom reports. If writing your own BIRT or Velocity report isn't something you're interested in, we could partner with you in the creation of custom reports by working with your Account Manager.

Keep in mind that reports made by users and not by Jama professionals will have to be tested on your end in a Self Hosted instance. That includes customers with a Hosted production instance. It is mandatory that a Cloud user test the self-made report on a Self Hosted sandbox, which may be obtained after discussion so much with your Account Manager.

Since we're talking about reports, I wanted to share these available Community Reports just in case you're interested in utilizing any of them. If you have a Cloud/Hosted instance, our Support team can upload any of these to your root menu.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Jama export to word replaces section breaks with page breaks

Posted 07-01-2021 13:10
    Hi Decoteau,
    Thanks for your reply, I have decided to give Velocity templates a go, but I was wondering if there is a way to implement headers using a styleref "heading 1"? This was the format I had in my word template, and need to keep it into the velocity report.

Thanks

Carter Morrill

• 4.  RE: Jama export to word replaces section breaks with page breaks

Posted 07-01-2021 13:26
    Hi Carter -

Thanks for the update! I am sharing several Velocity resources that should help you get started:

Introduction to Advanced reporting
    PDF guide detailing how to create advanced custom reports using BIRT and Velocity engines
    Writing a context sensitive velocity report step by step
    How to: Velocity Dates with datetool
    Using Parameters
    Navigating The Velocity API Documentation

The last page of in the PDF Guide linked above points to an HTML resource for writing in Velocity. Have you tried the HTML code for Header 1? For example <h1>name of title</h1>

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR