Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to delete folder with locked items doesn't give an error but reports success (and fails)

• 1.  Trying to delete folder with locked items doesn't give an error but reports success (and fails)

Posted 07-20-2021 04:09
    We had a user who kept deleting a folder, hitting yes to confirm and getting a success message. But the folder was still there. In the end it turned out child item was locked and whole operation was aborted, which is fine.

But shouldn't the UI tell you the delete failed because of a locked item rather than tell you it succeeded??

------------------------------
    Andrew MacCormack
    LumiraDX

• 2.  RE: Trying to delete folder with locked items doesn't give an error but reports success (and fails)

Posted 07-20-2021 06:03
    Hi Andrew,
    it's a defect : SOS-DEF-4431
    Best regards,

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 3.  RE: Trying to delete folder with locked items doesn't give an error but reports success (and fails)

Posted 07-20-2021 06:08
    This is probably a silly question, but how can I see existing bug reports for JAMA?

Andrew MacCormack
    LumiraDX

• 4.  RE: Trying to delete folder with locked items doesn't give an error but reports success (and fails)

Posted 07-20-2021 06:35
    I know the Defect ID because me reporting it to Jama Support some time ago.
    Anyway, I would be great to have access to such a list.

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 5.  RE: Trying to delete folder with locked items doesn't give an error but reports success (and fails)

Posted 07-20-2021 11:37
    Hi All,

Alessandro is correct, that sounds like Andrew is experiencing SOS-DEF-4431: Item Management: Deleting a parent/set container containing "locked" children, will give a successful message and make the children temporarily disappear from the tree to show up again right after with the locked (undeleted) items. I have associated LumiraDX with this defect in our records. 

There is a sub-space of the Community called the Functional Safety Kit (FSK) which lists known defects, amongst other resources. To learn more about accessing that space, you will need to reach out to your Account Manager, Daniel Weber (it looks like both have the same AM.)

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR