Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Recursion and Velocity

• 1.  Recursion and Velocity

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi,

Can someone provide a example of how you can achieve recursion within a velocity report please?

Basically given a document I would like to go back the relationship (upstream) tree until the top if reached, i.e. the document has no further upstream relationships?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Andy

• 2.  RE: Recursion and Velocity

Posted 4 days ago
    Andy:

Hello, nice to hear from you today!

Have you tried using a macro to do it. You can pass your item and whether you are going upstream or downstream.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Recursion and Velocity

Posted 4 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hello Chloe,

Thanks for your reply.  Well, I did look at Macros, unfortunately I think I have exceeded my programming skill level as I could not get them to work.

Basically I can have a hierarchy of requirements (I've attached a sample)

So I would be starting with a leaf requirement (R6) and I would need the macro to return R1, R2 as these are essentially the top level parents of R6

If you could provide an example of how this could be achieved I would be very grateful.

Andy

• 4.  RE: Recursion and Velocity

Posted 3 days ago
    Hi Andy,

you could do that also in a loop. Limits the the "recursion depth", but I would see that as a benefit.

regards
    Harald

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 5.  RE: Recursion and Velocity

Posted 2 days ago
    Hi Andy -
    You could use a macro if you are going to be doing this quite a bit, but often, I just do a loop and pick a high number (like 10) and have it stop at 10 levels, unless there is no relationship before then. I know it's not elegant, but it works.

Shawnna Williams
    Jama Software