Support

Expand all | Collapse all

User locked test runs

• 1.  User locked test runs

Posted 05-31-2018 04:03
    Hi everyone,

we noticed recently, that there are a few cases in our Jama, when Test Runs are being unintentionally user locked.
    One use case we found, how it probably happens is when one closes the main Jama window during the test run execution and continues executing the test run. After saving such test run it stays user locked.
    Is this seen as an intended behavior or is there a bug logged for it?
    Is there another known issues when the Test Run gets unintended user locked?

Thanks and best regards,

------------------------------
    Ekaterina

• 2.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 05-31-2018 13:40
    Hi there Ekaterina,

Hmm, that definitely sounds odd and when I tested this in my own instance, I was able to reproduce it with the steps that you'd provided, so thank you for that!  As a result, I've filed this issue as a defect for our developers to look into it further.  If you wanted to follow it's progress, you can simply review the Release Notes that come out with each release and look for SOS-DEF-2627 as that's this defect.

Additionally, while testing this, I was able to find two workarounds that can help while we continue to look into it.  If you were to have the original user who accidentally locks the Test Run open it again, that will unlock it.  Additionally, if you have an admin who's logged in, they can also unlock this item themselves by following the steps listed here.  I do want to note that they'll most likely have to check that "Show All Locked Items" box to be sure that they can see this item locked by another individual.

I'm sorry for that small inconvenience, but thanks for reporting this so clearly and I hope that one of the workarounds above helps while we look into this on our side of things!

Nick S
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 06-04-2018 02:35
    Hi NIck,

thanks a lot for the infos.

Ekaterina

• 4.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 06-04-2018 07:37
    Of course, Ekaterina,

Thanks for reaching out with the clear explanation of it and for reporting it!  I hope that you have a great rest of your week!

Nick S
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi,
    I have noticed that test runs are left as user locked in case the run window is closed from the top right corner X instead of cancel.  The function for X should be the same as cancel.

Anja
    Finland

• 6.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 25 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 25 days ago
    Anja:

Am I to understand that when you press the "cancel" button, the test runs are not in a user locked status? Could you describe the results of pressing the "cancel" button? Is the Test Run you cancelled in the UI, can you go back to it?

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 25 days ago
    Chloe:
    I mean when you press "Cancel" the test run is not left as user locked. But now if you press "X" Jama leaves the test run as user locked. This is the unwanted situation and X should act like Cancel.
    Test run to be cancelled
    User locked item
    Our users are using the X like Cancel and it should work similar way.

Anja
    Finland

• 8.  RE: User locked test runs

Posted 24 days ago
    Anja:

Thank you for this information, I have tested this in my instance and have found the same behavior between the cancel button and the "x" button. Yes, using the "X" button causes the Test Run to become locked whereas the cancel button does not have this same reaction. Thank you for this added information, I will add this information to the Feature Question the original defect was converted to.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR