Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review Center Cards - How status fields work

• 1.  Review Center Cards - How status fields work

Posted 01-16-2020 05:12
    Edited by Mohit Mehrotra 01-16-2020 05:12
    Hi Jama Support Team,

Here is a request to help me understand how the status fields work in Review Center Cards?

To elaborate, when we look out for review cards in 'Grid' mode, we see two kinds of notifications, as higlighted in below screenshot:

These two statuses are not visible to all users. For example: if as an Approver, I approve a review, then the status "Approved and signed" shows up (at the bottom of the card) just for me, but this status is not visible to the user who created the review. Same query for the status marked as 'Completed' in the above screenshot.

Another example: A reviewer completes the review, Approver gets a notification mail, but cannot see the status updated in the card. From an approver perspective, he/she might be interested to work on only those cards that have been reviewed.

So, wanted to understand if there is some sort of setting or reasoning behind it. Please correct me if I am missing something here.

Note: Since I couldn't find an appropriate option against 'To' field, I am sending to "Release Notes and Announcements" team. Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mohit

------------------------------
    Mohit Mehrotra

• 2.  RE: Review Center Cards - How status fields work

Posted 01-16-2020 10:35
    Hey Mohit,

Thanks for reaching out. Your description of the status fields in the grid are correct.
    • The Completed line shows up when the review is closed either manually by the moderator or automatically based on the deadline date and time for the review. It functions as a review status so the person looking at the grid can see which reviews are active.
    • The "Approved and signed" line shows up when the participant finishes the review and is based on their role in the review. This specific example is for the approver when electronic signatures are configured for the review. It's there as a status so the person looking at the grid can see which reviews they've taken action and completed (from an individual perspective) versus ones they haven't.
    The thought process for both of these is that when the individual is looking at the grid, they are looking to see what is active and needs their attention. What you're alluding to is a more complex behavior where the individual looking at the grid needs more information about what other participants have done before going in to the review. This is something we've heard before but not that often. If you're interested in discussing further, let me know. You can also work with Chloe to file this as a product idea so others can comment on it and we can consider it in future work in review center.

Thanks,

Joel Hutchinson
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Review Center Cards - How status fields work

Posted 01-16-2020 23:40
    Hi Joel,

Thanks for sharing the details! As I understand now, the purpose of statuses in Review Cards is specific to individuals and the scope of statuses is not global.

I was thinking of a scenario where Approver has dependency on Reviewer to finish his/her review before approver gets into the action. In such case, since the Review Card status is not global, the Approver will not know which all cards have been reviewed. Moreover, when approver gets into the card, he/she still cannot find any trace of review (probably because it is a different copy of the review).

If these statuses get global, the review creator can also see the current status of his review like Reviewed/Approved, so that he can take next step of closing and finalizing the review.

If this makes sense, then we can surely propose this as a product idea to Chloe.

Regards,
    Mohit

Mohit Mehrotra

• 4.  RE: Review Center Cards - How status fields work

Posted 29 days ago
    Hey Mohit,

I think this part could be captured in a product idea:
    "I was thinking of a scenario where Approver has dependency on Reviewer to finish his/her review before approver gets into the action. In such case, since the Review Card status is not global, the Approver will not know which all cards have been reviewed."

I could use some clarification on this part:
    "Moreover, when approver gets into the card, he/she still cannot find any trace of review (probably because it is a different copy of the review)."

In the review, the participant (reviewer, approver, or moderator) can see the progress of other participants in the Review Stats. Here's what that looks like in 8.45:
    Is this (participant progress) what you are looking for when you say "he/she still cannot find any trace of review"?

Thanks,

Joel Hutchinson
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Review Center Cards - How status fields work

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Joel,

Yes, we can do it through Review stats. However, for this an approver has to open each review card, select the review stats, and find if it has been reviewed.

As suggested above, we'll propose it as a product idea.

Thanks for your help!

Mohit Mehrotra