Support

Expand all | Collapse all

url /contour -> /

• 1.  url /contour -> /

Posted 12-13-2017 08:50
    hey guys,
    at our company we have documentations with the old url style with the /contour in it.
    since our upgrade to 8.14.4 these links wont work anymore. is there a way to configure nginx which is running in the docker container? or is there another way how we can do the redwrite.
    br,
    bernhard

------------------------------
    bernhard bucher

• 2.  RE: url /contour -> /

Posted 12-14-2017 18:22
    Hello,

I strongly believe the notion of tinkering with nginx is not supported by Jama. However, you might be able to accomplish the task at hand by changing the base URL. Please consult the resources below for the instructions.

Fix URL

Change URL

Getro Naissance
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: url /contour -> /

Posted 12-15-2017 01:31
    hi, thanks for your reply.
    fixing or changing the url does not solve our problem. since the upgrade to 8.14.4 we use the jama url without the /contour, like it is intended by jama, so all of our guys changed their jenkinsjobs etc. to url without /contour. if we do a fix from / to /contour that will break a lot of stuff.
    what we need is actually a rewrite from http(s)://<jama url>/contour to http(s)://<jama url/. so we can leave the docs as they are and also our jenkins jobs and everything else could be left the same.
    br,
    bernhard

bernhard bucher

• 4.  RE: url /contour -> /

Posted 12-15-2017 18:36
    Hello,

With regards to the docs you have mentioned; are they attachments? If so, once you have updated the URL, the links to the docs will be updated as well. Please consult this link for more information.

In addition to the link above, you can also have an optional context path at which jama will be available; it allows you to override the path at which Jama will be available. Please click here to learn more about it

Getro Naissance
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: url /contour -> /

Posted 12-18-2017 03:35
    hi, thanks again for your reply.
    the docs are actually product documentation which we handed out to our customers. so there is no way we can update the links in the documentation. sorry if i didn't make that clear in the first place.
    that's why we would need a possibility to redirect/rewrite.
    br,
    bernhard

bernhard bucher

• 6.  RE: url /contour -> /

Posted 12-18-2017 18:24
    Hi,

Besides the aforementioned resources I have pointed out to you; I do not believe there is a way to accomplish the task at hand.

Getro Naissance
    Jama Software