Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Folder deleted by accident.

• 1.  Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-21-2021 07:13
    Hello,

Run into a problem someone did delete a folder where they stored the Testcases, is it possible to restore the folder or do we need to create the folder again and select all the testcases that have to go there.

------------------------------
    Marcel Bachus
    Innolux Technology Europe B.V

• 2.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-21-2021 08:19
    Edited by Decoteau 06-21-2021 08:20
    Hi Marcel,

Thanks for reaching out! You should be able to Restore the deleted folder using your Project Activity Stream widget. This widget is located on your Project's Dashboard. Since someone else deleted the folder, you'll want to select "All Activities" tab, and then search for "delete" and scroll until you find the desired folder.

Restoring this folder will restore the Test Cases it contains (along with the item's relationships and associated Test Runs.)

Example below: 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-22-2021 23:18
    Hello Decoteau,

I thought we could solve it with your recommendations, but it seems to be some harder then we thought. The Engineer did follow up on your suggestions however this is what he found.

Hello Marcel,

I'm afraid there is more going on than that:

If I look in the activity stream, as Decoteau Wilkerson suggests, I cannot find back the action of deleting this folder:

Remark also that the error message I get when trying to access a test case in the "deleted" folder, I get the following error:

Two points which struck me:

1. It says "made inactive", and not "deleted"
    2. Remark the date and time. I'm sure the same error window mentioned 06/21/2021 10:56. How come this date has changed? As I cannot access the test case since yesterday, it isn't possible that I "inactivated" it at 14:44 today.
    Do you have any idea what could have triggered this and how to solve it?

Marcel Bachus

• 4.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-22-2021 05:46
    Dear Decoteau,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Marcel Bachus

• 5.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-23-2021 12:23

Hi Marcel,

Please ask the user if they searched in the Project Dashboard Activity Stream widget with the "All Activities" tab selected. Example: 

Please note, the system uses the terminology "made inactive" in the pop-up when you try to access deleted items. Example: 

However, searching for "delete" in the Activity Stream will search for that term as the action.

Please ask the user to confirm that they have searched using "All Activities" and that they are using through all of the results. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 6.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-30-2021 06:15
    Hello Decoteau,

I have asked the engineer to follow your latest remarks unfortunately he was not able to find the deleted items, see his comments and pictures:

Hello Marcel,

The first mention of the item deleted, I got on 06/21.

The test folder cannot be deleted earlier than that date, since I still created a test cycle on 06/21, which still includes a testrun from test case of that deleted test folder.

When I search, as Decoteau suggests, I cannot find the delete action back (taken two screenshots, since didn't fit on one):

As you can see, on 06/21, I only deleted a Test cycle (which was intended).
    No mentioning about the deleted test group.
    So yes, I confirm that I searched with "all activities" tab selected and entered "delete" in search box.
    Kind regards,
    Jeroen

Marcel Bachus

• 7.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-30-2021 07:31
    Hello Decoteau,

Somehow I have asked the engineer to check some more on the system and here is the mail I received from him:
    (Be aware he also has some questions at the end.)

Hello Marcel,

Some additional information popped up (thanks Erwin for the assistance!):

Apparently, this test case was not deleted by me, but by a colleague. This was already done on 05/21:

As you can see, I was able to restore!

However, this gets me to some other questions:

1. Why the misleading error message when trying to get to the testcase via existing testruns of the testcase (not deleted by me, not on the given date)?
    2. Isn't it strange that new testcycles can be created from testcases which got deleted?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Marcel Bachus

• 8.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 06-30-2021 14:03
    Hi Marcel,

I'm happy to hear that they found the deleted Test Case and restored it. Regarding the rest of their feedback:

1: I would need to see more specific information in your instance to verify whether the "made inactive" pop-up was incorrect. Can you share screenshots of the "inactive" pop-up message and of the deletion notes made in the Activity Stream showing that a different user performed this task?

If you'd like, we can schedule a screen share via a Support ticket to look at all of this together.

2: If a deleted Test Case was already part of an existing Test Group, then a new Test Cycle can be made off of it.

If you had intended to delete the Test Case, then you would need to remove that Test Case from the existing Test Group to keep it from being a part of a Test Cycle. Example below: 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 9.  RE: Folder deleted by accident.

Posted 07-01-2021 06:16
    Hi Decoteau,

I have asked the engineers involved to do follow-up and here are some updates:

Hello Marcel,

1. As you can see in the below screenshot, the test case was deleted on 05/21:

I got the made-inactive pop up several times with several timestamps:

• 05/21 (no screenshot available)
    • 06/22:
    • 06/30:

Could it be that each time I do an testcycle update operation (which have been done a few times the past days/weeks), the test case itself is restored (in order to get the testrun up to date), and made inactive again? And hence the changing timestamps in the made inactive pop ups?

1. Is it possible to query for situations like this? Ie. "Give me the invalid test cases of testplan X", and/or "I want to delete test case X, but can you give me the test plans/groups this test case is still part of"?

Thank you,

Jeroen

Marcel Bachus