Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Relationship Status: Missing Downstream Orphan Item

• 1.  Relationship Status: Missing Downstream Orphan Item

Posted 03-07-2018 10:54
    Most of a type of item in my instance of Jama were sourced from JIRA via Tasktop.  Most, if not all, of the items have the relationship status, "Missing Downstream, Orphan Item".  Looking at the downstream items in Jama, I don't see an issue.  They also exist in Jama and appear to match the originating relationship from JIRA.  Is this really an issue (that is, can it cause other issues such as synchronization problems), and if so, how can I determine the root cause for this indication?

------------------------------
    Terry Williams
    FLYHT, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Relationship Status: Missing Downstream Orphan Item

Posted 03-09-2018 07:23
    Hi Terry,

Sorry you're running into this. Can you send over a screenshot of the error? I have a feeling this may be an existing bug, but I want to make sure first.

Kimberly Embry

• 3.  RE: Relationship Status: Missing Downstream Orphan Item

Posted 07-10-2018 18:41
    Edited by Em R 07-10-2018 18:50
    I'm having what sounds like the same issue, although not arising from a Jira import.

The Relationship Status column of my Requirements Set shows a Missing Downstream flag against each requirement (see top screenshot). A randomly selected requirement, when opened, shows 1 up (grey) /1 down (red) on the Relationship Status Indicator, and lists both upstream and downstream items in the Relationships pane (see bottom screenshot).

Only the Requirements with "not applicable" in the Verification Method column should show no downstream relationships (they contain design guidance or definitions referred to elsewhere in the Set).

There are no Suspect Links in the project.

Screenshot showing Relationship Status column of requirements set.
    Screenshot showing Relationship Status Indicator and related items.

Edited to add screenshot showing mouseover text:
    Screenshot showing mouseover text in list view.

• 4.  RE: Relationship Status: Missing Downstream Orphan Item

Posted 07-12-2018 21:54
    I eventually solved the problem by tweaking the relationship rules. What I thought were parallel downstream items were actually both required in order to clear the flag.

• 5.  RE: Relationship Status: Missing Downstream Orphan Item

Posted 07-13-2018 08:12
    Hey Em,

Thanks for following up and clarifying that you were able to resolve this and explaining what was going on.  Well done figuring that one out!

Nick S
    Jama Software