Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to make Baseline Version Current

• 1.  Unable to make Baseline Version Current

Posted 07-21-2017 16:07
      |   view attached
    I receive this error when trying to make a past baseline current, see attachment.

Google Chrome = Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Intel i7, Windows 10

Jama = 8.17.1

------------------------------
    Ken G

• 2.  RE: Unable to make Baseline Version Current

Posted 07-21-2017 17:07
    Hi Ken,
    It looks like you're running into a bug. This is SOS-DEF-1975, and it doesn't look like there is a workaround; you will have to re-version each item in the baseline individually.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Unable to make Baseline Version Current

Posted 10-09-2017 10:56
    Kristina, are there any other details you are able to share about this bug?  I am running into it to on a very large project.  Any idea on what kind of actions cause it?

Jonathan LastName
    Plexus Corp (On-Premise)

• 4.  RE: Unable to make Baseline Version Current

Posted 10-09-2017 13:09
    @Jonathan, I don't think we know all of the cases that can cause the issue. It appears to happen if
    a) you delete an item that is present in a baseline, and then attempt to re​vert to make that baseline current
    b) you remove a value from a picklist that is being used in an item that is baselined, then make that baseline current

Both of these scenarios have something in common (removal of an element from a baseline) but I hesitate to say this is the only scenario in which you may encounter the bug. There is not a workaround (apart from manually versioning backwards each item in the baseline...).

Kristina King
    Jama Software