Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Excel import and fields "Item of type"

• 1.  Excel import and fields "Item of type"

Posted 07-17-2018 16:02
    When trying to import items into JAMA using Excel, I am not able to import data for fields of "Item of Type". The "Item of type" fields do not even show up in the Data import wizard. Is this a limitation or is there some configuration we are missing.

• 2.  RE: Excel import and fields "Item of type"

Posted 07-31-2018 15:33
    Chalan:

I know I answered this in a ticket but, I see you had asked this question in the Community as well so, I will repeat what I told you in the ticket so other Community members can see.

The Custom field of "item of type" does not import by design. I understand the confusion, the "Item of Type" looks a lot like a pick list but it isn't.

If you are attempting to reference other items of another type you can always make a relationship to that item and then you can Import Relationships.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Excel import and fields "Item of type"

Posted 08-30-2021 12:15
    Is there any plan to change this? We should be able to import fields of any type. The restriction if frustrating.

Jamie Wardlaw
    Lucid Motors

• 4.  RE: Excel import and fields "Item of type"

Posted 08-30-2021 16:25
    Hi Jamie,

I do not know of a current plan to alter this. Since Item of Type field is populated by a list of existing items in the current project, it isn't importable like other field types.

However, Chloe's above suggestion is a possible workaround: "If you are attempting to reference other items of another type you can always make a relationship to that item and then you can Import Relationships."

Users can reference items of another type in this manner. Only one item can be selected in an item of type picklist.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR