Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Numbered List Properties always defaults to numbers

• 1.  Numbered List Properties always defaults to numbers

Posted 10-23-2018 15:27
    Numbered List Properties on a rich text field seem to always default to numbers.  The user then have to right click and change the settings to show letters or something else.  Is there a way to default the second/third/etc levels of a list to something other than numbers?

Default:
    Numbered List Property Default
    Preferred:
    Preferred Numbered Lists formatting

------------------------------
    Henry Kwok
    The Ford Foundation

• 2.  RE: Numbered List Properties always defaults to numbers

Posted 10-23-2018 15:50
    Henry:

Thank you for your question. While I did not see a way to add the lettered list (see link to User Guide RTE functionality here), you can combine the Numbered List Properties with the bulleted lists formatting. See the example below:

Would this work for your needs?

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Numbered List Properties always defaults to numbers

Posted 10-24-2018 11:11
    Hi Chloe,
    You can change the list from numbers to letters by right clicking and changing the properties (See image below).  My question was related to the fact that it doesn't happen automatically like (Word or other systems and products).   The fact that the user has to manually select the section and change it each time is very time consuming and inefficient.
    thanks
    Henry

Number List properties

Henry Kwok
    The Ford Foundation

• 4.  RE: Numbered List Properties always defaults to numbers

Posted 10-24-2018 13:36
    Henry:

Thank you for taking the time to correct me here! I did not know about that particular functionality in our Rich Text Editor, and I love learning new things. Now that I have played around with it I can see what you mean. I did notice that I was able to change the properties, in the beginning, to letters or roman numerals etc and then the child-tier would default to the numbers:

And in this one I started with the letters to numbers then I used the bullet button in the RTE control panel to do the third-tier:
    So, it appears there is a possible "way" around this and I wanted to share this with you quickly but, I am going to do a little more digging on this subject so stay tuned.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Community Manager
    Jama Software
    Portland OR