Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

• 1.  Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-16-2021 07:43
    I used to be able to find the Customer Import option by following the instructions in the online manual: In Jama Connect, select Project > Import > Custom Import.

Now, there is no Custom Import option here, only Import. Please advise of where this was moved.

Thanks. 

------------------------------
    Vickie Woods
    State Auto

• 2.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-16-2021 15:42

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for reaching out! Are you referring to Project Tree > Import > Import Wizard?

I want to make sure I am looking at the correct area. I checked in 8.63.1 and 8.49 and the view here looks the same in both:

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-17-2021 10:33
    Sorry, I keep typing Customer Import when I mean "Custom Import". Thanks!

Vickie Woods
    State Auto

• 4.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-16-2021 18:34
    Hi Decoteau, I am looking for the Customer Import that's used when importing relationships using the plugin that I created. This is the path from the Jama Connect Guide and where I used to access the custom import capability. 

image.png

Thanks! 

--

Vickie Woods | Solution Analyst Lead
    State Auto Insurance Companies
    P | 6149174212

• 5.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 06:48
    I really need to find out where the Custom Import resides now. I have relationships that need to be imported that I've been holding for 3 days. Should I open a ticket?

Thanks.

Vickie Woods
    State Auto

• 6.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 09:36

Hi Vickie,

Thank you for your patience while I looked into this. I believe I found the URL that you shared a screenshot form - Prepare Excel Document for Import - Import Relationships

I've been testing in the current Cloud version and past versions of Jama to look for that Custom Import option but have not found it. I'm currently working with our Product team to learn whether this reference in the User Guide is out of date or if I am missing a detail/step somewhere. 

In the meantime, can you try importing using Project > Import? Are you using an Excel document (as noted in the URL above?) 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 7.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 10:53
    Hi Decoteau, I am trying to import relationships using a .csv and the plugin that I created as I have done at least a dozen times before. The regular Import (meaning the import w/o the plugin) does not allow you to access plugins to create relationships. 

Thanks! 

• 8.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 11:51

Hi Vickie,

I've been trying to follow the guidelines listed here: Importing Relationships using the Import Relationships Plugin

That article was recently written so the information contained should be up-to-date. I have been attempting to recreate the conditions, especially in Step 6, but I cannot reach the Custom Import pop-up window (as shown in the article.)

Can you verify if the steps you're taking line up with the steps in that article? For instance, is your plug-in set up for a single project or for cross-project imports? Example: 

Class (case sensitive):  Enter the name of the object defined in the source code.
      • For a single project enter: com.jamasoftware.contour.plugin.jama.ImportRelationships
      • For cross-project imports enter: com.jamasoftware.contour.plugin.jama.ImportRelationshipsCrossProject

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 9.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 13:37

Hi Vickie,

Following back up on my last message.

I realized I was missing a step with my Plug-Ins and wanted to share.

Can you verify whether your Plug-In has the enabled box checked? Example:

Once I had that checked and made sure my parameters were spelled correctly, I was able to see this: 

Can you tell me if that worked for you?

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 10.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 14:09
    Hi Decoteau, the enable box is checked on the plugin I just  created, but this shouldn't impact whether I can see the Custom Import option b/c the plugin is identified after the Custom Import option is selected but....GOOD NEWS! I'm not sure why it wasn't there the other day, but I just checked and it appears to be available now. I'm going to try it now. Thanks! 

image.png

--

Vickie Woods | Solution Analyst Lead
    State Auto Insurance Companies
    P | 6149174212

• 11.  RE: Relationship Import - Where did the Custom Import option go?

Posted 08-18-2021 16:39
    Thank you for the update! I'm glad you're able to find it now!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR