Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

• 1.  Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi,

in Jama versions after 8.10 there is no possibility to edit or add custom fields on Test Cycles. We have some custom fields that our users wished to change and we are not sure how to do it.
    We are running 8.25 and validating 8.36, in both versions this feature is unavailable.

Thanks,
    Ekaterina

• 2.  RE: Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

Posted 8 days ago
    Ekaterina:

How are you wanting to use these custom fields? Do you just need them there to inform or do you want them to interact with the Test Center process in someway? I ask because if you just need to inform, we might be able to figure something out - depending on what you need to do. But if you need these custom fields to actively trigger functionality within the Test Center, this will most likely not be possible.

If you are able to tell me a little more about what functionality you are trying accomplish, I would love to brainstorm this with you.

Best,

------------------------------
    Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

Posted 5 days ago
    Hi Chloe,
    we already have several custom fields created in a test cycle, that just contain information about a test cycle, that we are using for filtering purposes and for generating Velocity reports. At the moment we cannot edit or delete those.

Our Test Team had some ideas to add additional fields for similar purpose, i.e. they would not need to provide any additional functionality than just displaying the information in cycle view details page. And another idea was to add a template to a test cycle description field.

Thanks a lot,

Ekaterina Kessner
    MeVis Medical Solutions AG

• 4.  RE: Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

Posted 3 days ago
    Ekaterina:

Perfect, I would say that if you are thinking your users will want to also use these custom fields to filter and to inform Velocity reports (even if this is just a possibility for in the future) I would use the Custom field option.

You could do a custom template but, this would be a RTE field and the information within would not be searchable. Therefore you couldn't use it to filter or add to a dashboard etc. Perhaps a combo of the two ideas might work for your team?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

Posted 3 days ago
    Edited by Ekaterina Kessner 3 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hi Chloe,
    the problem is, in our 8.25.1 and 8.36 instances there is no edit or delete buttons for test cycle fields, please see attached. So we do not have a possibility to edit, or delete existing custom fields or do add new ones.
    Please, consult

Ekaterina Kessner
    MeVis Medical Solutions AG

• 6.  RE: Edit and add custom fields on Test Cycle

Posted 2 days ago
    Ekaterina:

Thank you for your patience, this new information you have provided has caused me to do a little bit more discovery on the history of the Test Cycle item. I have my feelers out, and I will get back to you when I have more info to share. I just didn't want you to think I have forgotten about you.

Regards,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR