Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Rich text/images to appear in items when created

• 1.  Rich text/images to appear in items when created

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi,

I'm not even sure what to search for to see if this has already been discussed so apologies if this is a duplicate.

Is there a way to set up a new item type so that when a user adds an item there is already some rich text or image there that they see?
    I would like to add guidance and notes on some of the fields they need to complete. For example, creating a risk assessment item where a user describes a risk and selects options for severity and likelihood. Those choices have company definitions, e.g. likelihood 5 = expected to occur daily, so to keep everyone consistent and not "guessing" what is meant by each value I'd like to put a copy of the definitions in the item itself. (The definitions are available to look up but I'd rather it was right there in your face when making the choice).

Thanks

------------------------------
    Jim Fowler
    Tokamak Energy

• 2.  RE: Rich text/images to appear in items when created

Posted 11 days ago
    Nevermind! I found it.
    I was including a custom field and making it a textbox with rich text, and assigning a template I'd made as the default, but the template wasn't appearing.
    I added a pre-defined text field and used the same default template and it appears in the item.

The question now is, would I have found that if I hadn't first asked the question?......

Jim Fowler
    Tokamak Energy