Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

• 1.  Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

Posted 01-31-2020 17:08
      |   view attached
    I was trying to map Requirements in Medini Analyze to be mapped onto to Jamasoft but i'm faced with the following error.
    Is it related to the mapping file or is jama expecting additional details from Medini analyze is unknown.

Also there aren't any sections in the community which deals with mapping of jamasoft with medini analyze.

The mapping was scheduled between <Functional Safety Requirement> in medini to <Functional Safety Requirments in Jamasoft.

PS: Automotive template of Jamasoft is used

------------------------------
    Madhu Rao

Attachment(s)

txt
    Error.txt   2K 1 version

• 2.  RE: Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

Posted 02-03-2020 08:40
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 02-03-2020 08:40
    Hello Madhu:

I looked up this tool, Medini Anaylze, it looks awesome! Is it correct that they have an internal integration tool which connects to Jama Connect? The screenshot you provided seems to be one from another tool, outside of Jama Connect. To better help, do you have an error message from inside Jama to share? That might give us some insight to how Medini (or this integration tool) integrates with us.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

Posted 02-03-2020 11:30
      |   view attached
    Hi
    I have uploaded the error text from jama which the request is made via REST API from the tool Medini Analyze.

The API used key used is based on keys available in my jamasoft admin section.

Br
    Madhu

Madhu Rao

Attachment(s)

txt
    Error.txt   2K 1 version

• 4.  RE: Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

Posted 02-03-2020 14:53
    Hi Madhu,

Thanks for clarifying that further.  Unfortunately, while the errors that you're providing are somewhat helpful here, since those calls are originating from Medini Analyze, I don't know that Jama support is best suited to answer these questions as we don't know how those calls are being made nor is there anything in that Error.txt file that we can recognize as a Jama error.  My guess is that Medini Analyze is receiving more information here from Jama than it's surfacing.

In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Medini directly as they may be able to provide some more support for this.  We're just unfamiliar with that tool and the error file that it's producing that you're referencing.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Nick S
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

Posted 02-03-2020 16:43
      |   view attached
    Hi Nick

The requirements upload are based on RESTAPI, what are constraints that jama is looking for to assign Global IDs to these requirements.

there is a mapping file which maps the parameters on both the tools and it parses perfectly fine until we hit a roadblock from jamasoft.

Br
    Madhu

Madhu Rao
    Functional safety
    Ouster
    san francisco CA

Attachment(s)

txt
    mapping file.txt   1K 1 version

• 6.  RE: Medini Analyze to Jamasoft mapping

Posted 02-03-2020 17:27
    Edited by Nick Sauve 02-04-2020 07:27
    Hi Madhu,

Unfortunately, that still doesn't really help us debug what's happening here. As those errors are being generated by Medini Analyze, we're unfamiliar with what they mean in the Jama interface.

At this point, I'd recommend opening a support ticket (support.jamasoftware.com) so that we can get a more hands on approach to try and resolve this. You can reference this thread in your ticket for full context.

If you'd like to test things out with Jama's API directly, I'd recommend trying out Swagger to do so, as it's basically a web UI for the API associated with your Jama environment.

Nick S
    Jama Software