Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Relationships to a Relationship Disabled Item

• 1.  Relationships to a Relationship Disabled Item

Posted 10 days ago
    So we have our instance of Jama configured such that Text items have the Relationships widget inactive - see screenshot

However, users are still able to link items where Relationships are active, to Text items. Why is this the case? Can we restrict this so that other items cannot be related to Text items?

------------------------------
    Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• 2.  RE: Relationships to a Relationship Disabled Item

Posted 10 days ago
    Patricia:

Good question! Sounds like you may need to also configure your relationship rules: Set Up Relationship Rules - User Guide.

You can use this to determine what items in your project may be related to each other as well as what kind of relationships they may have.

Hope this helps,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Relationships to a Relationship Disabled Item

Posted 10 days ago
    Thanks Chloe!

So we do have Relationship rules configured, but we have allowed rules outside of the Relationship Rules configuration for flexibility.

Text items have not been included in any of the Relationship Rules configured for our projects, as we want those items to not be able to have any relationships whatsoever. Is there any way to completely restrict Relationships from Text items?

I guess I thought that disabling the widget would have taken care of this, and I'm wondering why that is not the case. From the perspective of the Text item, a user cannot create Relationships, but from another item type a user can create a link to a text item.

Is there any way, besides not allowing rules outside of the relationship diagram, that we can force Text items to not be relatable?

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• 4.  RE: Relationships to a Relationship Disabled Item

Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 10 days ago
    Patricia:

Another good question, I was wondering this myself so, I went into my testing instance. I disabled the widget on my Text items (they were still relatable at this point). I then went in and made a relationship rule where Text items were relatable only to each other. This seemed to make my instance behave in the you want it to. I did have to enforce the relationship rules on the project though.

Try this out and let me know,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR