Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Red dashed line and arrow - saved in test run

• 1.  Red dashed line and arrow - saved in test run

Posted 03-03-2017 09:02
    Edited by Ryan 03-03-2017 09:04
    We've noticed an odd behavior with content saved in rich text fields in Jama 2015.2. Jama's rich text editor has a contextual feature where hovering over certain parts of the field will cause a red dashed line to appear with a red "Enter" arrow on the right side. Clicking on the red arrow inserts a new paragraph into the field at the location of the dashed line. See attached screenshot NormalOperation.jpg for this feature.

Although the red dashed line and arrow are only part of the rich text editor interface (meant to be overlaid on the actual content of the field only during editing), it appears that in some cases, Jama will actually save the dashed line and arrow as part of the field's content! We have a test run (CCFI-TSTRN-8516) that permanently shows the red dashed line and arrow; this appears when just viewing the test run (outside of the Edit window). It is also exported as part of the field content into Word reports, etc. See attached RedArrowInTextField.jpg and RedArrowInWordExport.jpg for evidence of this.

Upon going into the Edit window for this test run and looking at the HTML source of the affected rich text field content, there is an additional line of HTML that defines the dashed line and red arrow, complete with a tooltip for the red arrow and all. See attached RedArrowHTML.txt for this snippet of the source.

I am not able to add attachments or insert images today for this article.  

Kristina - Can you provide an email address so I can send you the images?

Thanks!
    Ryan

------------------------------
    Ryan Jackson
    Plexus Corp (On-Premise)

• 2.  RE: Red dashed line and arrow - saved in test run

Posted 03-03-2017 11:02
    Hmm, yeah, there is something going on with the image editor right now. 
    You can send the images to me at community@jamasoftware.com

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Red dashed line and arrow - saved in test run

Posted 03-03-2017 11:47
    Email has been sent.

Ryan Jackson
    Plexus Corp (On-Premise)

• 4.  RE: Red dashed line and arrow - saved in test run

Posted 03-03-2017 15:38
    Ryan, thanks for sending me the screenshots as well as the source HTML. For those following along, here is what Ryan's reporting:

The interesting thing about this is I have never seen it before in Jama. My experience is that this red arrow is not a normal feature of the rich text editor/table editor.

Looking at the HTML, which you shared as, there are CSS styles applied that Jama doesn't use normally, such  as <span contenteditable="false" style="-moz-border-radius:0px 0px 2px 2px; background:url(https://eng.plexus.com/contour/js/ckeditor/plugins/magicline/images/icon.png) center no-repeat #ff0000; border-radius:0px 0px 2px 2px; color:#fff; cursor:pointer; display:block; font-size:0px; height:17px; line-height:0px; margin:0px; padding:0px; position:absolute; right:17px; top:-1px; width:17px; z-index:9999" title="Insert paragraph here">&crarr;</span>
    Buried within that is a URL for the Magic Line plugin! Aha, we're on to something.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Red dashed line and arrow - saved in test run

Posted 03-03-2017 16:24
    I checked in with Engineering and it looks like we added this plugin to CKeditor to address a bug that existed in Firefox while we were developing 2014.2. The behavior of MagicLine isn't consistent, as I was never able to prompts its appearance. However, I filed a bug for this because plugin artifacts shouldn't be visible in exports: SOS-DEF-1711

It doesn't look like there is a workaround except to delete the offending lines and artifacts from the Word export.

Kristina King
    Jama Software