Support

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Related Items Question - Cannot relate one functional requirement to another

• 1.  Related Items Question - Cannot relate one functional requirement to another

Posted 17 days ago
    Hello,

I am fairly new to JAMA. I was assigned an existing project to work on. There are some functional requirements that I imported into a Functional Requirements folder manually from Azure. A lot of the requirements are related to other Functional Reqs in the same project. So, I clicked on the "parent" FR in Jama and wanted to add the relationship there as well. However, the whole FR folder is grayed out with "Not a valid type" message when I mouse over each and every one of the items in the folder. Why am  I not being allowed to relate on FR to another? We tried to work around it by dragging the FRs under the parent FR, but now there are cases where a child FR may be related to another parents as well. Why is FR to FR relationship not allowed?

Thanks
    Nandita

------------------------------
    Nandita Adhia-Mallo
    DOH
    WA
    360-236-2550

• 2.  RE: Related Items Question - Cannot relate one functional requirement to another

Posted 16 days ago

Hi Nandita,
    you should check if your Jama configuration "allows" the desired relationship.
    If you are an organization admin, you can see the current relationship rule applied to your project (Admin --> Relationships, from there see the project list of each relationship rule).
    If you are not (and your project admin does not show the used relationship rule on the project's starting page, you have to ask a colleague ;) .
    Below you see an example relationship rule and for example, System requirement can be related to System requirement, but System Verification cannot be related to System Verification.

I expect that your Functional Req is configured similar to the shown verifications.

So you should ask your admin if he/she can enable the desired relationship.

Let me know if that helped.
    Cheers
    Sebastian

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG