Support

Expand all | Collapse all

REST API for finding relationships

• 1.  REST API for finding relationships

Posted 12-13-2017 22:21

The response of /activities for event type relationships is not straightforward. I had to workaround it further on top of this repose to figure out the from item and to item of a relationship:
    1. Either I have to parse and pattern match the value of 'details'(would have been better if there were no special characters)
    2. Or assume that the pairs are ordered in the array(I meant the first two values in the "data" array has the relationship that was updated/created and next two elements has the relationship updated/created and so forth.

Instead if there had been another key/value pair which clearly says the from and to items of the relationship would have been great. Now we end up doing all such parsing and manipulations to figure out the relationship equation. :(

------------------------------
    sindhu putta
    xilinx
    hyderabad

• 2.  RE: REST API for finding relationships

Posted 12-14-2017 15:06
    Hi Sindhu,

It looks like you have filed a support ticket relating to this earlier. If you have any questions or uncertainties please do let me know here or on the ticket.

In case other people read it, I'll put my reply:

So I'd say to go with the second approach. Whenever you create, update, or delete a relationship: two new entries get populated as the latest IDs of the activities endpoint so they are ordered in pairs. You can test it out yourself with <your-jama-url>/api-docs.

Definitely file a feature request if you suggest us further to have an easier way to access this information with our API.

Justin Phang
    Developer Support Engineer
    Jama Software
    Portland OR