Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Importing a Word Document

• 1.  Importing a Word Document

Posted 06-27-2017 12:37
    I am having problems importing the name and paragraph numbers for each description. For example it will only show the name and not the paragraph number.  My relationships will be based on the paragraph number, so this is needed for traceability.   Is there an easier way to import Word documents?

------------------------------
    Alicia Hilton
    SPAWAR Atlantic
    North Charleston SC

• 2.  RE: Importing a Word Document

Posted 06-27-2017 15:18
    Alicia, can you clarify something? Is the paragraph # part of a Heading in the Word doc? If this is the case, the number will not be imported into Jama. Different formats in Heading for Word Style cannot be applied to the Name since it is not a rich text field.

If the number you are referring to is not the name of the items, can you please attach a screenshot of the document or attach the document that you're trying to import?

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Importing a Word Document

Posted 06-28-2017 05:16
    Is the paragraph # part of a Heading in the Word doc?  Yes,  It is the number we will use to link the requirements.  For example 6.2.6     XXXXXXXXX. 

How can I get this imported with the number?

Alicia Hilton
    SPAWAR Atlantic
    North Charleston SC

• 4.  RE: Importing a Word Document

Posted 06-28-2017 08:18
    Hi Alicia,

If the number is the result of a Word style applied to the heading level (and it sounds like it is, since you didn't share a screenshot or document showing otherwise), it is not possible to have that number be imported into Jama. The number has to be part of the actual text of the heading, not part of the Word style.

Kristina King
    Jama Software