Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk Synchronize Links

• 1.  Bulk Synchronize Links

Posted 06-06-2017 13:49
    Edited by Gary 06-06-2017 17:13
    I apologize in advance if the answer to this ends up the same as the issue "Synchronize relationship - when not all related items are in both projects"

I have a project A with requirements A1 and A2. A1 is related to A2.
    I have a project B with requirements B1 and B2.
    B1 is synched to A1. B2 is synched to A2.
    I have Jama configured to synchronize relationships.
    I would like to synchronize B1 so B1 is related to B2.
    When I tried to synchronize the relationships in bulk B1 ended up related to A2.
    If I view the items one at a time I can get the relationships to synchronize with the B1 to B2 relationship.

How do I synchronize the relationships in bulk where the relationships are only between items in the project B?

------------------------------
    Gary Garon
    Think Surgical
    CA

• 2.  RE: Bulk Synchronize Links

Posted 06-06-2017 17:05
    Hi Gary,

No need to apologize, but I think you are correct that this is inherently the same issue as relationships not syncing; when syncing, Jama will sync to the first item with the same Global ID. So when you do this manually, you select the correct item with the same GID. However, programmatically it goes with "first" instance of the GID.

I'll double check on this and let you know tomorrow. But first let me make sure I'm understanding this-you're talking about URL links that are shared between synced items, not relationships? (Some people refer to "relationships" as "links," so I want to make sure we're on the same page there.)

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Bulk Synchronize Links

Posted 06-06-2017 17:12
    Edited by Gary 06-06-2017 17:13
    Thank you for clarifying.  I actually meant relationships when I was saying links.

I updated my original post.

Gary Garon
    Think Surgical
    CA

• 4.  RE: Bulk Synchronize Links

Posted 06-07-2017 10:12
    Great, thanks Gary. So the problem you're running into is what I alluded to before-this is more or less a defect. I say "more" because we have it logged as a bug, SOS-DEF-354. I say "less" because it's actually functioning as it was designed, but the way it is functioning is confusing at best. Jama's reuse logic is a "best guess," and when you reuse GIDs in a single project, the best guess it has is the first occurrence (likely the hierachy) of the GID. It sounds like you found the best workaround-to individually sync the items.

Kristina King
    Jama Software