Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Missing support of file:// or file:///

• 1.  Missing support of file:// or file:///

Posted 03-27-2017 02:56
    Edited by Folkert 03-27-2017 03:03
    Isn't  support for file:// or file:/// in "Enter URL or Choose Item" Jama dialog? Original text in link is file:///c:/a/b/c/d/file.pdf. The copy of link is javascript:void(0)/*140*/

rfc 3986

------------------------------
    Folkert Meeuw
    DEUTA-Werke GmbH
    Bergisch Gladbach

• 2.  RE: Missing support of file:// or file:///

Posted 03-31-2017 12:07

Hi Folkert,

Sorry for taking so long to respond—I've been trying to track this down but haven't managed to yet. I know we changed the way field validation works at some point, but I am not sure if this is a bug or an intentional change. I'll let you know by early next week.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Missing support of file:// or file:///

Posted 04-05-2017 02:05
    Edited by Folkert 04-05-2017 02:05
    Hello Kristina,
    I thought I would have already been forgotten. At the moment I have another project in the focus. Anyhow, this does not know Jama Software and today I have thought I gaze after whether I was really forgotten. However, I come back ... as long as I again can. Therefore, it has at the moment no priority. I am fine also the single one that of this Issue had.

Best regards Folkert

Folkert Meeuw
    DEUTA-Werke GmbH
    Bergisch Gladbach

• 4.  RE: Missing support of file:// or file:///

Posted 04-07-2017 09:14
    Thanks for the understanding, Folkert. So we previously had a bug about this issue, SOS-DEF-318. It had been dropped from possible development due to a misunderstanding about its behavior, but we have now reopened it for future consideration of a fix. The field should not have such stringent validation.

Kristina King
    Jama Software