Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Search results return incorrect results

• 1.  Search results return incorrect results

Posted 06-14-2017 09:52
    Hello,

Greetings!

We are using Jama v 8.4.1 and we've run into a little trouble with the search.
    While trying to search for specific items(For eg: "12345" "12346"), it returns more results than expected.

This happened in a particular project area so I've tried re-indexing the project and clearing cache, but it doesn't seem to help much.
    Any thoughts, how we might fix it?

Please advise.

------------------------------
    Best,
    Vishal R

• 2.  RE: Search results return incorrect results

Posted 06-14-2017 16:09
    hey Vishal,

I haven't seen any bugs logged for for 8.4.1 that pertain to invalid search results, so I need to see more about the problem. Can you share a screenshot of the search results, as well as a screen shot of one of the items (in single item view) that is showing in the results but should not?

If you can't share the images publicly, you can send them to me via community@jamasoftware.com

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Search results return incorrect results

Posted 06-19-2017 04:04
    Thank you Kristina, I've mailed you the screenshots.

Vishal R

• 4.  RE: Search results return incorrect results

Posted 06-29-2017 11:11
    Just to follow up on this in case anyone wonders similar...the issue at hand here is that Vishal and his team are using the API-ID values to search for items. The way the API "field" works with search is that the API-ID is not specifically indexed, since it is not an item field so much as an identifier. This means you must use the label id to get the searches to work. Typically the API-ID is not used as the end-user facing document identifier (since it doesn't show in the single item view), as most people tend to use the Unique ID (documentKey) for that. You can search for items by API-ID if you use the syntax Id:xxxxxx.

Kristina King
    Jama Software