Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review Center Question from Client

• 1.  Review Center Question from Client

Posted 07-06-2018 17:22
    Hello -

My client is asking about the review process and their comments, If the client by chance is typing a comment but for whatever reason, forgets about completing it. Does Jama save all that he entered up until he stopped or does the Jama system time out and require them to re-enter all comments?  They are worried they could be multi-tasking and possibly lose some of their comments in Jama, especially in long sections.

Thanks,

Diana

------------------------------
    Diana Berrios
    Alight

• 2.  RE: Review Center Question from Client

Posted 07-06-2018 19:11

Diane,

Good and important question, yes a couple of things to consider:

1.) There is no Auto-Save functionality in Jama, if the UI is refreshed or if you click into another comment without submitting the current comment, you will lose your work.

2.) There is also a Session Timeout function you should be aware of, by default it is set to 120 minutes but many companies make requests to make it shorter or longer (dependent on organizational needs). If the Jama UI senses that it is "idle" for the allotted time then it will do a session timeout and you should be able to just refresh and log back in stepping in where you left off. Please note: that the session timeout doesn't recognize that you are "working" when you are in the Rich Text Editor (like the comment section). The session timeout function will restart the timer when you "submit" the work. If you let the session lapse, there will be another window prompting you to renew your session. Just to double-check I experimented with this in my own version of Jama and when I re-logged in, my un-submitted comment was still there. I just wanted to make you aware of this.

To be on the safe side, if you know that you have Reviewers who make long comments over a long period of time, I would tell them that Jama will only allow you to work on one comment at a time, and they need to submit it in order for it to save. I would also increase the Session Timeout time (because pop-ups.....).

I hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Review Center Question from Client

Posted 07-10-2018 09:29
    Hi Chloe-

If I am understanding correctly, if the reviewer is in "edit" mode of a comment, and steps away, they idle, when they come back, they will be back where they left off on their comment?  When you say "submit", you mean they click on the green checkbox and then click "I'm finished"? Is the recommended approach for long reviews to ask them to at least click the green checkbox as they go through each section, then once completed, they click "I'm finished"?

Thanks!

Diana

Diana Berrios
    Alight

• 4.  RE: Review Center Question from Client

Posted 07-10-2018 12:27
    Diana:

Best practice is to "save often", and that is what I would recommend to you. Yes, the session-timeout will log them out if they are "idle" and they should be able to log back in and continue where they left off on their comment. Again, I recommend not counting on this and using the "save often" approach. The "submit" button was in reference to submitting each individual comment rather than whole section/document. See below:

So yes, "submit" each comment as completed. When done with all comments in each section click the green "reviewed" button and when done with all sections click "Im finished".

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer