Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Deleting a project failed email

• 1.  Deleting a project failed email

Posted 04-17-2017 06:51
    Edited by Dana 06-27-2017 13:49
    Hello, This past Friday (April 14) I created a new project based on an existing project with help from Erin of Jama Software.  On Sunday (April 16) the email below arrived stating the project failed to delete.  I've logged into our hosted instance and there are no zombie projects causing trouble that I can see.

Please advise.

Thank you.

-----

Project "Icepack" has failed to delete. The delete process failed at 04/17/2017 12:00:13 AM UTC.

Contact your Jama Software Administrator for more information.

Thanks,

Jama Software

------------------------------
    Andrew Brown
    Galil Medical
    Arden Hills MN

• 2.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

Posted 04-17-2017 12:49
    Edited by Dana 06-27-2017 13:52
    Hi Andrew,
    You mentioned Project Icepack in your email. Did you attempt to delete this project? Does the project appear in the manage all projects area. It's possible two different people tried to delete the project. When a project is deleted it goes into an end of day batch that runs to delete projects. Technically they're not deleted immediately when you do this in the UI.

Dana Medhaug
    Business Support Engineer
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

Posted 04-18-2017 06:50
    Hello Dana,
    Yes - I attempted to delete the project and it does not appear in the ADMIN area of the Manage All Projects section (image below). A second user was not involved in the delete process as this occurred during a meeting presentation with the guidance of our trainer - Erin.

Are there any issues here or should we consider the email a false positive?

Jama projects

Andrew Brown
    Galil Medical
    Arden Hills MN

• 4.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

Posted 04-18-2017 10:25
    Edited by Dana 06-27-2017 13:53
    Hello Andrew,
    Yes, at this time I would disregard the email. If any deletion issues come up please contact support@jamasoftware.com

Dana Medhaug
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

Posted 06-27-2017 07:08
    Edited by Dana 06-27-2017 13:51
    I also received this email that deleting my project failed, but I am experiencing issues with the deleted project.  I do not see the project in Jama Software, and when I look at my items in another project that were linked to the deleted project items they do not show them.  However, when I set up a review of the remaining items, the deleted items are showing as linked items still.  Again, when I use the normal Jama Software view I do not see the linked items from the deleted project, but they are showing in reviews and confusing my reviewers.  How I can really delete the project and make the linked items disappear from reviews?

LC

• 6.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

Posted 06-27-2017 12:36
    Edited by Dana 06-27-2017 13:54
    Hi Lauren,
    This is a high priority bug known as SOS-DEF-1966. I have linked your organization to the bug so you will receive notifications when progress is made. Thank you for your patience.

Dana Medhaug
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 06-28-2017 11:36
    This post was removed

• 8.  RE: Deleting a project failed email

Posted 06-29-2017 15:16
    Hi Lauren,

Since you're working with Support in a ticket, we should put this community thread on pause for now, as it's becoming apparent that your issue has more to do with the Review Center than the bug ID you were provided, and I don't want to lead anyone astray who might be experiencing similar issues. Once we've sorted through this we can update the community. In general, the Clean Up is for the rare situation where records get out of sync and zombies might appear. But this isn't something we'd expect in the Review Center...

Kristina King
    Jama Software