Support

Expand all | Collapse all

undo or revert a set of changes

• 1.  undo or revert a set of changes

Posted 09-11-2018 07:37
    Hello Jama,

A user (me) mistakenly made a few (a lot) relationship changes to a project. There used to be a revert or undo option on the activity list if memory serves.  I searched the community and found the baseline revert method: How to revert to a prior revision in the Review Center - Jama Software Community. We did create a baseline and a duplicate project in case something like this were to occur. I used the baseline revert and some changes reverted back but not the relationship links (Is this a bug?).

What is the Jama recommended way to handle this issue? Fire the user? Delete the project, create a duplicate of the duplicate, and delete the original project? Other options?

Thanks,
    Andy

------------------------------
    Andrew Brown
    Galil Medical/BTG
    Arden Hills MN

• 2.  RE: undo or revert a set of changes

Posted 09-11-2018 10:41
    Andrew:

There is a "replace the baseline with current" available to users, unfortunately it does not restore deleted items (which you can restore in the Activity Stream) or deleted relationships. Restoring relationships will take a little bit more of a manual approach. See Note below.What approach I would recommend is to look for Suspect Links. Jama keeps track of items who's upstream loved ones have been taken away from them, they no longer feel complete and we have an indicator for this, viewable in the List View and Single Item View. See this link: Suspect Links.

Here is a link to how you can use filters to find all the Suspect links in the project.

After you do that, the Trace Matrix View would be helpful to provide a high level look across the project to make sure your project relationships are looking just how you remember them.

Lol, I recommend keeping the user, just maybe not doing this again? New day, new mistakes, new wins!

Cheers,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: undo or revert a set of changes

Posted 09-11-2018 11:11
    Hi Andy,

I'm sorry that you're running into this as well, and I just wanted to step in and provide some more context here too since you'd asked about this at a database level in another support forum and we thought that information was worth sharing here too so I'm going to copy that response below too.

Unfortunately, even at the database level, there's not a way to restore relationships from a previous state or snapshot. However, while a restoration isn't going to be possible, there are ways to create relationships en masse that may be useful here and make the job of recreating these relationships easier.

This first of which is our Import Relationships plugin. This would basically let you use Excel to enter the upstream and downstream Item IDs into two columns within a CSV file and then import that to create those relationships as needed. You can learn more about this option here.

And the second option would be to actually use our relationships endpoint with the API to create new relationships as needed. This would most likely be a bit more work than the Import Relationships plugin, but again, if you wanted to, you could basically script the creation of those relationships via the API. We can't work on those custom scripts for you, but you can learn more about this here.

Again, I'm sorry that we can't restore those deleted relationships, but I hope that one of the above workarounds to let you recreate them with ease will help.

Nick S
    Jama Software