Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Create a test case with numbered table

• 1.  Create a test case with numbered table

Posted 12-21-2016 14:05

Hi,

I would like to create a test case template that has a table with automatic numbered rows as follow:

I am able to use the Table function in the editor to create the table. I would like the numbers on the first column (Step#) to be added automatically so that each time I add a new row, the row will be added with the next step #.

I know there is a way to do that but it requires me adding some special definition in the Header section. It is currently impossible for me to add any header/style definition in the test case. If I add a header tag, then all contents will be removed once I save the test case. 

Thanks for your help.

------------------------------
    M. L.

• 2.  RE: Create a test case with numbered table

Posted 12-21-2016 15:49

Mandy, can you confirm what you're trying to do? It sounds like you're talking about the table editor in the rich text editor (RTE). Are you attempting to add code via the Source editor of the RTE? 

Generally speaking the RTE does not support much more than what is possible in the GUI; it strips most CSS and scripts for security. So if I understand what you're trying to do, it isn't possible.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Create a test case with numbered table

Posted 12-21-2016 16:02

Hi Kristina, 

Yes I was talking about adding the <Style> definition via the Source Code Editor of the RTE. If the CSS code is stripped for security reasons, then I think what I wanted to do will not be possible. Thanks for your confirmation.

-Mandy

Mandy L.