Support

Expand all | Collapse all

upgrade jama to new version

• 1.  upgrade jama to new version

Posted 07-24-2021 00:44
    hello team,

i have two questions about upgrading jama
    1\ i saw the best practice in our web, it mentioned below:
    Restart the database before upgrade - Before upgrading Jama through the Replicated console, it is recommended that you also restart the database. Since upgrading Jama can include database schema changes, it can be necessary to perform a database restart prior to performing the upgrade in order to successfully start up the application.

so the question is if i do not restart the database, can i success to upgrade jama? because this server is not on my side.

2\ i found there are series of versions in the upgrade list that i can use, may i click it one by one from the old version to new version, or i can upgrade the newest version directly ?

thank you.

------------------------------
    dashuai sun

• 2.  RE: upgrade jama to new version

Posted 07-26-2021 10:48
    Hi Dashuai,

Thank you for reaching out! I recommend reviewing this doc - Incremental Step Upgrade Path - for our recommended upgrading steps and processes. Additionally, it would likely be beneficial to schedule a pre-upgrade consultation call with Support before you attempt your upgrade. To do this, a Named Support Contact from your Organization can open a Support ticket and request additional information.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR