Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Hierarchy in Document Export

• 1.  Hierarchy in Document Export

Posted 03-09-2017 12:26
    I'm having some trouble with mail merge exports and getting the correct formatting (I've tried all the "right" things based on info from our consultant and a person at Jama who's job it is to do reports). I thought I'd try to do this via Velocity reporting instead. 

Gladly, Velocity gets rid of the formatting issues I was having. However, I'm having trouble getting the headings to export as they do with the main merge exports. I need the children to be at a lower level in the outline. I've searched around the community but haven't been able to find anything regarding to what I want to do.

------------------------------
    DeAnn

• 2.  RE: Hierarchy in Document Export

Posted 03-09-2017 16:13
    Hi DeAnn,

We usually point people to Harald's response in this thread about headings in Velocity; have you tried that? 

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Hierarchy in Document Export

Posted 03-10-2017 06:49
    Kristina, I have tried that and couldn't get it to work. It seems that his tips are for exports to Excel and not Word. I'm trying to get around doing exports with mail merge since (this is an assumption) we imported a lot of our content from Word documents, the formatting when exporting with mail merge just doesn't work well.

I've been talking to our consultant to try to come up with a solution and she's helping me put together a mail merge template. Whether we use mail merge or velocity, we need a reliable and repeatable method to export components for release to vendors and customers. Formatting entire documents that are sometimes 100+ pages by hand is not tenable.

Looking for ideas 

DeAnn
    Software & Systems Engineer