Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

• 1.  Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-26-2018 09:36
    We are currently upgrading our staging environment (non-production) from 8.20.2 to 8.25.2 and when I run the command to upgrade replicated, as supplied in the release notes, nothing happens. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Command from release notes:
    curl -sSL "https://get.replicated.com/docker?replicated_tag=2.13.2&replicated_ui_tag=2.13.2&replicated_operator_tag=2.13.2" | sudo bash -s no-auto

I even tried replacing "get.replicated.com" with "get.jamasoftware.com" as is shown in Jama help documentation HERE.

Current Version Information:
    Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
    Replicated 2.9.2
    Docker 17.05.0-ce

Also, it said, "In order to upgrade Jama Connect, Replicated must be upgraded to version 2.13.2. The upgrade will not be available in your admin console until this is completed." This was not the case, I was able to upgrade dispite being on Replicated 2.9.2.

------------------------------
    Andrew Muhs
    Electronic Theatre Controls

• 2.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-26-2018 09:40
    Edited by Andrew Muhs 06-26-2018 09:43
    **EDIT** This is now working. I have no idea what happened the first time. **EDIT**

Maybe this is supposed to be the case, but when you go to the link in the curl command, https://get.replicated.com/docker?replicated_tag=2.13.2&replicated_ui_tag=2.13.2&replicated_operator_tag=2.13.2 the script shown uses 2.13.1 for the variables as opposed to 2.13.2

Andrew Muhs

• 3.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-26-2018 15:26
    Andrew,
    My best guess as to why this happened would be that the target version number was simply misspelled. I tried to reproduce the issue by repeatedly querying replicated's script URL and parsing the results, but didn't see any instances where requesting the 2.13.2 script returned 2.13.1 instead. The command I used to test is below.

mkfifo pipe ; for f in $(seq 1 100) ; do curl --silent 'https://get.replicated.com/docker?replicated_tag=2.13.2&replicated_ui_tag=2.13.2&replicated_operator_tag=2.13.2' | grep 2.13.1 ; done > pipe & echo -e "bad returns: \e[5m\e[1m\e[33m$(wc -l < pipe)\e[0m" ; rm -f pipe

Abby Embree
    Jama Software

• 4.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-26-2018 16:20
    I am not sure what happened when I viewed the script and the version number changed. I did update that second post to reflect that the version numbers were no longer doing that when I tried again, so that second post is no longer relevant (thankfully).

I ended up trying to just upgrade Replicated to the newest using the following command:
    curl -sSL https://get.jamasoftware.com/docker | sudo bash -s no-auto

This still did nothing.

Andrew Muhs

• 5.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-26-2018 17:29
    Andrew,
    Did the replicated installation script report success after you ran it?

Abby Embree
    Jama Software

• 6.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-26-2018 17:38
    actually, I see that the script ran and silently finished without outputting anything or prompting you for input. try adding the '-x' (bash debug) flag before the '-s' flag towards the end of the command - that should put bash in debug mode and make it print what the script is doing instead of silently failing.

Abby Embree
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-27-2018 08:27
    Here is a screen shot of the output with the '-x' flag;

Andrew Muhs

• 8.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-29-2018 08:20
    It doesn't seem like the script made it passed line 73 of the 3011 lines.

Andrew Muhs

• 9.  RE: Command to Upgrade Replicated to 2.13.2 not working

Posted 06-29-2018 12:11
    Andrew:

This looks like it needs more attention then we can provide over the Community. I am going to reopen the ticket we closed earlier so that you and Abby can continue to work with you there!

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    OR