Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Invitation comment considered as General comment

• 1.  Invitation comment considered as General comment

Posted 05-18-2020 06:27
    Hi,

I have a question: When I - as a moderator and approver - of a review send an invite for this review, an automated comment is added to the Review "You are invited to the following review of Folder: [XXX]. Select the link below to begin the review and leave feedback."
    This comment remains open until I Acknowledge it (which is strange, because I am implicitly also the author of that comment). Other approvers also see this comment as open, but cannot acknowledge it (and hence remove it from the open comments section).
    I noticed this in the new Jama 8.49 - and it corresponds to the older versions of Jama. The only difference is that is very present now in the Tab "Item progress" of the stats page.

Why is this invitation added as a general comment?

Thank you,
    Anna

------------------------------
    Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Invitation comment considered as General comment

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi Anna,

Thanks for the question. The note that the review moderator includes in the invitation email is included as a comment for context, so you don't have to leave the review to refer to it. Sometimes it contains additional steps and information. I can see how it seems redundant if you use the standard invite language!

In your review process do you go through all comments to close/approve them, like a checklist? If that's the case I can also see how always clearing this initial comment is extra effort.

Robin

Robin Calhoun
    Product Manager
    Jama Software