Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Behavior of Session Timeout

• 1.  Behavior of Session Timeout

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi -
    I'm curious about the behavior of session timeout. I'm guessing there's some kind of timer that keeps track of the amount of time since the last "user activity". Is there a list of events that count as "user activity"? I believe that anything related to executing a test run does NOT count as "user activity" but I would like to make sure.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States

• 2.  RE: Behavior of Session Timeout

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi Theresa,

Great question!

The session timeout applies to any front-end activity, like clicking. In the example you provided above, I agree, if a user executes a test run and does nothing in Jama while it's running, the session will timeout due to lack of activity. We have users that run very long tests, and so they extend their session timeout to accommodate this workflow.

Hope that helps!

Kimberly Embry

• 3.  RE: Behavior of Session Timeout

Posted 26 days ago
    Edited by Theresa Soares 26 days ago
    What if the tester performs these actions while executing a Test Run:
    • Start Test Run
    • Test Step Status - select Pass/Fail
    • Enter text in Test Step "Result"
    • Enter text in Test Run "Actual Results"
    And what about editing a Test Run in single item view?
    Thanks,

Theresa Soares
    Verification and Validation Engineer III, System Verification
    FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc.
    theresa.soares@fujifilm.com
    www.sonosite.com

425.442.1523 mobile

NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable export regulations.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.

• 4.  RE: Behavior of Session Timeout

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi Theresa,

My assumption is that these behaviors should trigger the session timeout to reset itself since they all involve front-end activity. Sometimes there are other external session timeout configurations that counteract Jama's configuration, such as SSO.

If this is not the behavior you're seeing and there are no potential factors affecting this, please submit a ticket with us through https://support.jamasoftware.com/  the next time this occurs so we can troubleshoot this behavior.

Kimberly Embry