Support

Expand all | Collapse all

External user cannot log into JAMA

• 1.  External user cannot log into JAMA

Posted 05-24-2019 11:09
    We have an external consultant who has been able to log into JAMA previously, but now cannot access JAMA.
    His email address had recently changed and so we updated his username in his JAMA account to use the his new email address. Our IT dept uses a third party tool that uses his email address to authenticate him. Our IT group is stating that there is nothing wrong on their end and it may be an issue connecting to JAMA. They claim there is an error message that JAMA is trying to create a duplicate user account. The user account is in question has this email address - josh.johnson@vertiba.com.  Let me know if you require additional information. Thanks.

------------------------------
    Rich Harrelson
    Multnomah County

• 2.  RE: External user cannot log into JAMA

Posted 05-24-2019 11:28

Rich:

I am going to fork this thread into a Support ticket, we may need to look into your instance back admin panel which will require the passing of sensitive information not suitable for this public community forum. I went ahead and did this for you, you should see an email soon.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: External user cannot log into JAMA

Posted 3 days ago
    Good Morning Chloe,  I am experiencing a similar issue when a user tries to login vial SAML and receives a message that the account already exists. Was there a resolution to this that can be shared without disclosing sensitive information?

Thank you,
    Steve

Steve DeFeo

• 4.  RE: External user cannot log into JAMA

Posted 3 days ago
    Hi Steve!

If this is happening to just one particular user, then it is 'usually' an issue with just making sure that the emails match in both Jama and in the IDP (third party tool) and/or whether or not the user is also putting in the right login information to Login.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR