Support

Expand all | Collapse all

ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

• 1.  ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-17-2019 09:27
    The site "http://ws.jamasoftware.com/latest" which hosts the Jama SOAP web services API documentation no longer seems to return any response. Could this please be brought back online?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Ryan Dill

• 2.  RE: ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-17-2019 10:40
    Ryan:

Unfortunately, our SOAP API and all support has been EOL'd at this time. Please see this article outlining the process: SOAP API end of life plan. We do fully support our REST API!

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-17-2019 11:01
    Thanks Chloe -- I'm aware that the SOAP API was EOLed -- however, it remains the only API available in pre-Jama 8 versions like Jama 2015.5. Last I heard, Jama 2015.5 was still being provided best-effort support, and its external documentation such as release notes are still available -- I would expect that its API documentation should continue to be similarly available.

Migrating from pre-Jama 8 to Jama 8 may require migrating SOAP API scripts to REST API -- this becomes much more difficult for the customer when Jama Software has removed its SOAP API documentation.

Please advise

Ryan Dill

• 4.  RE: ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-17-2019 11:13

We are also in this migration process, so to have SOAP documentation available will be a plus.

Regards, Saludos

Lilliana

• 5.  RE: ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-17-2019 11:43
    Ryan and Lilliana:

Thank you for your information provided here. In order to understand how best to support your redeployment, we need to know how you currently utilizing the SOAP interface?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-17-2019 12:16
    Hi, Chloe -- can you clarify on what details you're asking? "How are you using it" is a bit generic. :)

FYI, we're currently using the SOAP API to do a variety of management tasks:

- Clean up (i.e. deactivate) Jama users when they become inactive in LDAP;
    - Clean up Jama items with unsupported unicode characters in the Name or Description fields as a result of IBM DOORS or Microsoft Word imports;
    - Clean up Jama PNG images resulting from IBM DOORS imports, which can incorrectly have the database SYSTEM=Y flag set;
    - Bulk recover item Status values after a conversion of one item type to a slightly different item type;
    - Search through the project Activity Stream to find deleted items matching certain criteria (since deleted items are no longer searchable via normal means);
    - Query the email addresses of all active users in Jama, in a format suitable for adding to a BCC'd "all users" email;

etc. etc.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you need to know this information, though -- I'm not particularly asking for personal support in doing the API conversion -- I'm just asking for the SOAP *documentation*, so that I can continue doing the API conversion myself, if and when I find time.

I can't imagine that Jama doesn't still have a copy of the content that was previously available on ws.jamasoftware.com archived *somewhere*, whether in HTML form, PDF form, Word form, whatever.

If you consider it too much of a support headache to continue hosting this online, I can understand, and I would happily accept a static copy that can be sent to customers still using SOAP, on request.

Ryan Dill

• 7.  RE: ws.jamasoftware.com inaccessible

Posted 05-18-2019 11:45
    Ryan:

Thank you for your time and patience in producing this answer, I am working diligently on getting you what you need. Your answer is helping us to understand the best format to provide this information to our customers. Again, I thank you for your patience, we want to support you in your efforts here.

Regards,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR