Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Selecting test cases to run via a tag

• 1.  Selecting test cases to run via a tag

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi - I demonstrated Jama's test plan capabilities to some of our verification teams recently. A question came up about whether tags can be used to select test cases to run within any given test cycle. For example, assume the test catalog has 100 test cases, and a subset of these have a specific tag. Can a test cycle be created that only selects these tagged test cases? I know I can use a filter to select tagged items, but the test plan/test cycle support is not integrated with the filtering capabilities as far as I'm aware.

A similar thought is, could a filter be used to select the test cases for a test plan? In the example above, I could then auto-populate a test plan with my desired test cases without having to manually drag/drop via the GUI.

Thanks
    Peter

------------------------------
    Peter Hall
    ON Semiconductor

• 2.  RE: Selecting test cases to run via a tag

Posted 17 days ago
    My colleague has just told me that I can use a filter via the "Add test cases to groups" dialog when populating a test plan. So that answers my second question. Does anyone have any advice for the first question... how to select test cases for a specific test cycle?
    Thanks
    Peter

Peter Hall
    ON Semiconductor

• 3.  RE: Selecting test cases to run via a tag

Posted 15 days ago
    Hi Peter,

You can use a filter to create a test plan with only the test cases you want and run that, but I'm not sure that is the question you are asking.

Currently when we need to run a 'subset' of cases in a test plan we create a new group and drag those test cases into that group. It makes a mess of the plan real quick. There is an idea on the product suggestions side to select Individual Test Case selection for New Test Cycles.

Matt