Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Deleting Item type throwing weired error

• 1.  Deleting Item type throwing weired error

Posted 23 days ago
    Hello Team,

We are trying to delete an item in Jama and its throwing an error saying item has been already deleted. But even then I could still see that item in my item list. Again if i try to load the page it shows error message saying "Sorry, the specified project item was made inactive by [user] on 09/14/2018 03:21 pm."

Could you please help us to resolve this error.

------------------------------
    Teertha Hoskatte

• 2.  RE: Deleting Item type throwing weired error

Posted 22 days ago
    Teertha:

It sounds like, for some reason, these items have not been completely deleted in your system.

Perhaps the deletion process got interrupted somehow, lets try restoring them then deleting them again. Look for the affected items in the Project's Activity Stream, restore each one there, and then delete them again.

Let me know how this goes,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Deleting Item type throwing weired error

Posted 22 days ago
    Hello Chole,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I tried restoring and deleting but still I am facing same issue. I even tried re-indexing project but still got the same error.
    Is there any other way to handle this issue?

Teertha Hoskatte

• 4.  RE: Deleting Item type throwing weired error

Posted 21 days ago
    Teertha:

First lets try a Project Clean Up. The tool's purpose is to look for nodes on the Project Tree with inconsistent states in regards to the items they reference, as well as active items that have inactive ancestors, bringing them to a consistent state.

Then it would be good to have your System Administrator clear the Jama cache: Clear Cache. If you are a Cloud customer, we do this for you (make a ticket with Support), if you are Self-Hosted then, you will need your System Administrator to root into your admin panel.

If you do this and it still persists, I would suggest asking your Named Support Contact make a ticket with our Support team, we may need to take a more intimate look at your logs and we can better serve you off the Community.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR