Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Baseline folders

• 1.  Baseline folders

Posted 02-23-2017 01:38
    Hello,

when I create a baseline using many components from my project root tree, the default name of the baseline folder is 'Individual items'. I can rename this folder which is perfect. But, if I create another baseline version (for the same components which have evolved, or same + new ones), then I modify the folder name of the new baseline to match exactly the previous one, then 2 folders with the same name are visible in the baselines list instead of one folder containing my two baselines versions, and those folders are not one next to the other !
    So, is it possible : 
    - to merge folders that have the same name
    - or at least to sort folders by name, then I could spot quickly my baselines which are linked.
    Thanks.
    Regards.

------------------------------
    TetMop

• 2.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 02-23-2017 13:17
    HI Bertrand,
    Thanks for joining! Unfortunately I do not have any suggestions for you—there is precious little to be done with baseline management.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 07-05-2018 07:00
    ​Hi,

Need capability for users with the Project Management Permission right to create/rename/move baseline folders.  The reasons to require project management capabilities are:

1. Separate baseline folder between project/product release baseline and Jama review default baseline.  For example, two baseline folder named "Release" and "Review", move all review default baseline folders into the "Review" folder; and move all release baseline folders into the "Release" folder. 
    2. Build hierarchy of release/review baseline structure. 

Thanks for your consideration.

Best Regards

Roger Zhou

• 4.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 07-25-2018 10:51
    I second the need for better baseline management. I created a new item to address a review comment, but I am unable to publish this new item as a baseline update; I have to create a new baseline to add that single one item, and then even when assigning an existing folder name, I end up with a separate folder for the newest revision (exactly as described by OP). This situation is going to happen often as the development of my requirement data is incremental and I want to be able to add new blocks of requirement to the baselined items as they become ready for review.
    It would also help if the item selection menu would let you selectively de-select folders and or items from under a selected container.

Sophie Marini
    Mercury Systems, Inc

• 5.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 09-27-2018 16:48
    Effective baseline management is a serious shortcoming. It appears that the current construct is designed to support the internal review process only. I am unable to implement a process I have defined for my project without additional manual labor. The lack of customization for the layout (e.g. folder organization and sorting) will make for a tedious process.

Agree with the prior comments regarding separate capabilities for product / project and JAMA review processes. I am actually more interested in the former as that would allow me to better support some higher level decision makers. Are there any plans to improve this area?

John Laiche
    SSC Pacific
    San Diego CA

• 6.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 09-27-2018 17:11
    In researching this topic on the site, it appears that it has been going around for at least 2 years, with no changes in baseline management capabilities. Something really needs to be captured for inclusion in the features roadmap in the not too distant future.  Thanks!

John Laiche
    SSC Pacific
    San Diego CA

• 7.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 09-28-2018 01:16
    Edited by rene wilsing 09-28-2018 01:21

I was also surprised, after Jama was update to latest version,
    that we still cannot organize our more than 100 Basline-Folders.

And the folders are mixed up, so we cannot find baselines again.

grafik.png

Cheers Rene

• 8.  RE: Baseline folders

Posted 10-01-2018 16:31
    Rene and John:

I wanted to reach out and say that you presented some very compelling use-cases for wanting this feature. I found this Feature Request thread: Need ability to manage baselines with folders or groups

Please add your insights to this thread for our Product team to see.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software