Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Coverage Views

• 1.  Coverage Views

Posted 08-08-2017 09:06
    Hello,
    I'm using a coverage view created by someone else.  There is an error that I would like to fix.  Where do I edit an existing coverage view?  Is the coverage view edit only visible to the creator!?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Andrew Brown
    Galil Medical
    Arden Hills MN

• 2.  RE: Coverage Views

Posted 08-08-2017 13:58

Hi Andrew!

This is addressed in a throwaway line in the User Guide; "Only the creator can rename or delete the view." The only change that can be made to an existing coverage view is a rename; otherwise you'd have to create a new view, if you want to change the content.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Coverage Views

Posted 08-09-2017 06:45
    Thanks for the information.  We use the coverage view to generate our trace matrices for regulatory submission. It would be helpful to save, edit, and move to different projects in Jama.

Also, I have noticed a bug and created a workaround on this coverage view feature. When I create a new coverage view and export to Excel it seems to have all the round trip information exported too.  If I save the coverage view, close the coverage view window, reopen, selected the saved coverage view, and export to excel - it works.

Andrew Brown
    Galil Medical
    Arden Hills MN

• 4.  RE: Coverage Views

Posted 08-09-2017 11:08
    Andrew, I'll take a look at this issue and see about filing a bug in the next couple of days. First, can you confirm a couple things?
    • Is this the old Coverage Explorer (Project > Traceability > Coverage Explorer) or the new Trace View (accessible from the main project window, next to List View and Reading View)?
    • What browser are you using? 
    • I don't think it matters, but what version of Word is this?

Kristina King
    Jama Software