Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Reuse item(s) - Add a relationship from the original item - Cannot choose relation type

• 1.  Reuse item(s) - Add a relationship from the original item - Cannot choose relation type

Posted 10-31-2019 08:41
    We've set up a project/workspace that contains a number of components that function as document templates.
    (Components contain a bunch of text and subtext items).

When I reuse a component, I check "Add a relationship from the original item". That way, the copy of the component and all of its text items will get the "Suspect link" flag when the template changes.

But there seems to be no way to choose which Relationship type the copy should have to the original. It always uses the default.

Can it really be that there is no way to choose the relationship type when reusing ?
    Is there an easy to set the relationship type for component and all its children after the reuse operation ?

------------------------------
    Uwe Matzen
    Otometrics (Natus Medical Denmark)

• 2.  RE: Reuse item(s) - Add a relationship from the original item - Cannot choose relation type

Posted 11-05-2019 10:13
    Hi Uwe,

Unfortunately, at this point, when using the reuse functionality and including a relationship, it will always just use the default relationship selected at the Org level as described here.  However, if you change that default, that new default is what those relationships on reused items will default to.  For example, if the settings within the Relationships of your Admin settings are set up with the default as "Caused By" like below, that's what those relationships with the reused Items would show up as.

However, I think that this could be a great option, so I highly recommend adding it as a Product Idea if you're willing to do so, as that's how our Product team decides what to move forward with in future iterations of Jama.

Thanks again for the good idea though, and welcome to Jama!

Nick S
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Reuse item(s) - Add a relationship from the original item - Cannot choose relation type

Posted 11-06-2019 08:31
    hi Nick,

Thanks. I posted it to Product Ideas.

Regards
    Uwe HM

Uwe Matzen
    Otometrics (Natus Medical Denmark)