Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Search Special Characters

• 1.  Search Special Characters

Posted 05-24-2019 11:50
    Hello,

I am having an issue with searching for special characters.  I found the previous discussion "Is there a list of characters that cannot be used for searching filtering (SOS-BUG-821 and SOS-BUG-1026)" from 2015 where the article for lucrene searches was posted.  However, the result no longer works.

If I search (or filter) [5], I get an error message:
    A search error occurred. Response object: InboundJaxrsResponse{context=ClientResponse{method=POST, uri=http://kzte7c2b.or3.searchservice.jama:7500/jamatenant14336/ContourItem/_search, status=400, reason=Bad Request}}

If I search (or filter) \[5\] as the lucrene documentation states, then the search result is empty, even though I know the text exists.

If I search (or filter) "\[5\]" then I get a random set of items, from 100 to 1,000 depending on the number in the bracket, with no visible use of the text, indicating that the search is occurring on some field that is not visible to the user.

How can I search (or filter) items that contain [5]

------------------------------
    Gary Garon
    Think Surgical
    CA

• 2.  RE: Search Special Characters

Posted 05-24-2019 18:48
    Gary:

Yes, unfortunately these characters still present a complication in Jama when searching: [ ] / \ ^ * + ( ) - { }.

Gary, has your company been related to this bug yet? I will double check and make sure it has.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR