Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

• 1.  Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

Posted 11-16-2018 18:37

Hi,

we are upgrading from 8.20.2 to 8.25.3

In review center, the compare view prompts error such in screenshot. When I click Ok, the compare view just shows me the different in Name, Status and Heading.

It could not highlight the changes in description field.

In logging under Root I see this

I need a solution. I have just given my decision to my IT colleague to stop the upgrade and rollback to 8.20.2

Lien

GIRA

• 2.  RE: Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

Posted 30 days ago
    Hi Lien:

Looks like this is a current bug (ID: SOS-DEF-2415) in the Review Center: If you edit a Review and publish a new revision, an error occurs when you select compare view.

The workaround is to click "OK" on the error and select "compare view" again.

This bug is logged in our internal system and I can see that your org is already related to that bug. You can check future release notes for this ID to see if this bug has been fixed.

Take Care,

------------------------------
    Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

Posted 29 days ago
    ​Hi Chloe,

so the error mesage is a known bug, which has not been fixed in Version 8.31. Correct?

Another question on Compare view in 8.25.3. On our instance, I see compare view does not recognise or highlight any changes in description field between the latest Version and the selected older one. There is also no other alternative for user to compare between the latest Version with the previous one.

What can approver, reviewer do to recognise the changes in description?

Greatly appreciate your info on this

Lien

Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 4.  RE: Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi Lien!

Interesting about the Compare View not showing any highlights, I tested it in my instance and it had the "red" highlights showing the section I deleted/changed. Can you tell me more about your workflow leading up to the versions? You would need to edit the old version in the Review and publish from inside the Review Center for the changes to show with the Review Center Compare View.

Thanks,

Chloe

• 5.  RE: Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

Posted 21 days ago
    ​Hi,

the issue compare view on our instance 8.25.3 (we have updated from 8.20.2) does not Highlight/ recognize the changes on richtext field can be seen on both cases
    - within Review Center, some new text is added to the description field, some other was deleted.  New Revision is published. Compare view Shows only the last stand of the description field.
    - the description field was edited in Project module. A new Revision was published. The last stand of the description field can be seen in Review Center. The filter of Review Center indicated correctly the items with changes but the compare view Shows only the last stand of the description field without any Highlight the changes between the current Version and a selected old one.

Is that something happing to only our instance?

Lien

Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 6.  RE: Jama 8.25.3 - Review Center - Compare view shows Error item diffs are currently unavailable and does not work on description field even with only 3 words

Posted 21 days ago
    Lien:

Thank you for indulging me, yes it sounds like this bug is plaguing your instance but, no this is not unique to your instance. Others are dealing with this as well - the problem with this particular bug is that it is very inconsistent between versions, as well as who it effects, with no indicators as to what parameters are driving this to occur. I would recommend looking into upgrading your instance to the most current one you can and see if this lessens the effects.

Warmly,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR