Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Create a filter to find all Test Cases/Test Runs associated with a particular Test Plan

• 1.  Create a filter to find all Test Cases/Test Runs associated with a particular Test Plan

Posted 09-04-2018 11:40
    [Previously posted here by mistake.]

​​​​I need to create a Coverage Explorer traceability matrix to show all our Features that have downstream Test Cases that were run for a particular TestPlan (Release). I currently can't find anyway to do this.

------------------------------
    Kevin
    Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)

• 2.  RE: Create a filter to find all Test Cases/Test Runs associated with a particular Test Plan

Posted 09-04-2018 12:08
    Edited by Kevin 09-05-2018 06:30

​OK, not sure how I missed it the first time, but this Filter seems to work:

Match Test Cases, where
       Has Test Run, matching embedded filter:
          Match Test Runs, where
               Test Plan is equal to "MyAcceptanceTestPlan"

Of course, that doesn't help me with the Coverage Explorer, since the downstream columns can't be filtered. (For now, I'm just adding a column with the "Release" number, then exporting to Excel and filtering on that column there. I use the filter above to find all the Test Cases and ensure they have the correct Release.)

Kevin
    Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)

• 3.  RE: Create a filter to find all Test Cases/Test Runs associated with a particular Test Plan

Posted 09-04-2018 12:20
    Kevin:

Yes, I was wondering about that first post...

You are correct about the Coverage Explorer, it does not show test run<>test case relationships on its own. You will have to manually relate the test runs to each test case. Depending on what version of Jama you are on, (Scroll down to Release Notes Jama Connect 8.25 -NEW CAPABILITIES) you can look at these relationships of your filtered results using the Trace View.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software