Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Adding an item with Tags doesn't refresh it's count in the Tag window

• 1.  Adding an item with Tags doesn't refresh it's count in the Tag window

Posted 03-01-2017 15:10
    Edited by Vishal R 03-01-2017 15:22
    Hello,

Greetings!

We came across a rather peculiar issue with the tags; on updating items with tags, the Tags window/explorer doesn't seem to update the count of items within parenthesis. However, on clicking the Tag, the item(s) that are tagged are listed as expected.

We are seeing this for a particular project and unable to reproduce in other instances/projects.
    Any new tag that is created, shows (0) count on it.
    We've tried re-indexing the project as well as a system-level re-index, but not of much help.

We're using Jama v8.4.1.
    Please advise.

Screenshot attached: Please see the tag-TagVR(0) on the left.

Tags are not refreshed in the tags window
    Thank you!

------------------------------
    Best,
    Vishal R

• 2.  RE: Adding an item with Tags doesn't refresh it's count in the Tag window

Posted 03-01-2017 17:02
    Hi Vishal,

It looks like this is a bug, SOS-DEF-581. Unfortunately there is no workaround, but I applaud your attempts with the re-indexing; normally that should clear up these discrepancies. As you noticed, it doesn't occur with all projects/all tags, so it's really a weird bug. I wish I had more information to give you, but we don't know what it is about certain tags that causes the issue.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Adding an item with Tags doesn't refresh it's count in the Tag window

Posted 03-01-2017 23:57
    Thank you for your quick response as always!

Please let me know which version could we expect it to be fixed, as we're currently planning on our next Jama upgrade.

Vishal R

• 4.  RE: Adding an item with Tags doesn't refresh it's count in the Tag window

Posted 03-02-2017 09:25
    At this point it's not related to any release, so I would say the likelihood of it getting fixed in the near-term is low. I'd keep an eye on release notes. The next Standard release is the end of this month, so it won't make that—I suppose then the earliest you'd see it is 6 months from now, since the Standard release cycle should be about every 6 months.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Adding an item with Tags doesn't refresh it's count in the Tag window

Posted 03-02-2017 11:44
    Thank you Kristina!

Cheers..

Vishal R