Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Office Template

• 1.  Office Template

Posted 03-28-2017 06:44
    Hello Kristina,

When I export a Filter Result with one of the Office Template the Item Type for the Up/Down stream relationship is not shown in the exported document.

I verified the office template used and found that Item type for relationship item pointing to exact table in Database.

We recently upgraded to 8.4

------------------------------
    Rajmohan Rajeswaran Project Lead
    Aura lights
    Chennai

• 2.  RE: Office Template

Posted 03-28-2017 06:58
    When I do a normal search (Item type -10), it lists all the item type and use the same office template for exporting but this the item type for the up/Down stream relationships.

Aura lights
    Chennai

• 3.  RE: Office Template

Posted 03-28-2017 13:34

Hi Rajmohan,

What Word Template are you talking about? If it's a custom one, can you attach it to the post?

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 4.  RE: Office Template

Posted 03-28-2017 17:25
      |   view attached
    I have attached the custom office template

Aura lights
    Chennai

• 5.  RE: Office Template

Posted 03-29-2017 10:25
    Hi Rajmohan, 

The problem is that our Word templates are not designed to work this way. The Relationships mail merge code (TableStart:Relationships>TableEnd:Relationships), along with the Upstream Relationships and Synchronized Items mail merge fields, are designed to work with all item types. When you add this code to a template it will pull all relationships to the items displayed, regardless of type. Because it can display data from all types, it can use only default fields, as outlined in the Word Template Reference Guide.

«TableStart:RELATIONSHIPS»

«name» («project») «relationshipType» Is Suspect: «suspect» Status: «traceStatus». Notes: «traceDescription»

«TableEnd:RELATIONSHIPS»

However, you might find that other default system fields work (such as GlobalId). Custom fields are not designed to work, however, because they are unique to each item type. If you are going to be mapping to specific fields in the database, it would make more sense to use BIRT for your reports.

Kristina King
    Jama Software