Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Test cases and Test Runs

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Test cases and Test Runs

Posted 07-26-2017 20:57
    Hi Kristina,

Just an easy (?) question about the behaviour I can expect to see when I create Test Runs (in the context of creating a Test Plan).

Now, the way that I think about the relationship between a Test Case and a Test Run is that the Test Case is effectively a 'template' used to create (multiple) Test Runs. Fair characterization?

Assuming that I'm right with the 'template' idea, I'd like to know what to expect if I add some extra fields to the configuration of the Test Case item type.

My guess is that I should also add the exact same fields to the configuration of the Test Run item type to make sure that all the information from my Test cases gets replicated when I create Test Runs. (In the same way that the "Description" and "Steps" fields get replicated in the Test Run.)

Soooo, this really boils down to two questions:
    Can I expect to get "custom" fields in Test Cases replicated when I create Test Runs?
    What do I need to do configuration-wise to be sure that this does happen?

Thanks for your help,

------------------------------
    Ian Webb
    Enphase Energy, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Test cases and Test Runs
    Best Answer

Posted 07-27-2017 05:47

I'm not Jama ;) However I do know that just the title, description and test steps feed to the test run. This is a feature request our company would really like - to be able to set more fields to "carry over" to the test run (for instance, a priority field).  There's a few other use cases that we have that would be handled with being able to configure additional carry over fields. 

Thanks!

Jennifer Leitch
    Jackson National Life Insurance Company